• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

C

Chessie

Been listening to a lot of Green Day lately. Between their new album and the performance they gave at the AMAs the other night, I feel they're more relevant now than they've been in a while.

Oh, boy. Dookie was my album back in the day! It defines 10th grade for me. My bff and I would ride in her car during our lunch hour listening to Dookie. Every. Single. Day.

Starting my morning off with my other favorite band (Joe Elliott <3 u fo'eva)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tom
Let's see... TØP is my favorite band, Toby Mac, Switchfoot, Lecrae, Andy Mineo... as for genres? Some Christian alternative rock, Christian rap, Christian contemporary and Christian EDM and dubstep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NaNoWriMo WIP!

Russ

Istar
Let's see... TØP is my favorite band, Toby Mac, Switchfoot, Lecrae, Andy Mineo... as for genres? Some Christian alternative rock, Christian rap, Christian contemporary and Christian EDM and dubstep

NaNoWriMo WIP!

Are you old enough to remember Steve Taylor? Really liked his stuff back in the day.

NaNoWriMo WIP!

As a general rule, I can't stand Christian music. At least not anything on the radio in the past couple years. I do like Skillet reasonably well. But I recently got into twenty one pilots and love some of their songs. (I've been listening to "Heathens" while writing, it's very applicable to my WIP in my opinion.)

As a general rule, I can't stand Christian music. At least not anything on the radio in the past couple years. I do like Skillet reasonably well. But I recently got into twenty one pilots and love some of their songs. (I've been listening to "Heathens" while writing, it's very applicable to my WIP in my opinion.)

I suggest looking up Lecrae, Andy Mineo, KJ52, Tedashii,

NaNoWriMo WIP!

C

Chessie

I was actually craving this album today (yes, I do love Kanye's music haha):

C

Chessie

Vault Archives to power my afternoon writing session:

[video=youtube_share;_cLRP-QQxn4]https://youtu.be/_cLRP-QQxn4[/video]

Nagash

Sage

Something to get us through dark times...

My bird of paradise
Sweet bird of paradise

I recently discovered this song via the trailer to Manchester by the Sea.

It is so evocative, I instantly began to imagine a new story around it; but I've since pulled back and am thinking about how it could inform my current project.

Fenrir

Acolyte
Hmm, let see. Pretty wide gamut really

Classical: Beethoven, Brahms, Orff (because everything you do while listening to Carmina Burana O Furtuna is epic - No srsly just youtube loop, crank it, and try it while doing house chores or whatever), Wagner

1800s to early 1900s: Random Americana like Dixie's land, The Entertainer, etc.

60-70s for song crafters like Simon & Garfunkel, or Gordon Lightfoot. Some progressive and some county like Johnny cash

80s because the decade of hoe's, blow and BMWs is the decade I really started exploring and listening to music versus just 'tuning in the radio', so I will always have a soft spot for it. Pop, hair bands, you name it.

90s+ Alternative

2000 pop 'pops' up again with Gaga Khe$a, Rihana, and so on. Industrial. Lindsey Stirling, Venesa-Mae

2010+ Symphonic metal, folk metal, folk rock, blue grass, nu metal. Also EDM. Nightcore, nightstep, some trance.

C

Chessie

Totally dancing in my chair!