• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello All!

geekluv

Dreamer
Hello all! I'm geekluv & I live in a cardboard box next to a van down by the river. My neighbor who lives in a van is a motivational speaker. My god is Tom Baker & I don't trust Tom Cruise & John Travolta. They tried to get me to join this religion called, "Scientology", but I had to pass since they wanted me to go to some sort of rehab since they thought I ate too much fish. :D

kjjcarpenter

Minstrel
Hey Geek,

That is certainty an entertaining life story you have there. You've experiened more than I or anyone else on this forum, and for that you should be applauded. Well done.

Tell me, I'm intrigued, what is Bakerism like? I'd imagine it's much like Kingology, only with less killer clowns and more time-twisting machines.

Hope to hear more from you soon, as long as you chew a mint beforehand—we don't want that fishy odour.

geekluv

Dreamer
In all honesty I live in a two-story house where I'm housewife/stay at home mom. I have a 6 month old who is obsessed with watching Thomas & Friends & crawling where ever she can go. I miss the good old days of Saturday Night Live when Phil Hartman & Chris Farley were still alive. I'm just happy that Doctor Who is back to normal. Not too happy about the Davies version of Doctor Who. How can Daleks be put into extinction & then come back is beyond me. He really screwed up with the Doctor Who legacy. The first Doctor Who I remember watching was Tom Baker. The new guy playing the Doctor brings me back to my childhood back in the 1980's which I miss dearly.

Legerdemain

Troubadour
Welcome!

Welcome Geekluv! I'm right there with you with Doctor Who. Though I'm a optimistic person, and I've made excuses for even the worst times of the Who franchise.

As for SNL, I believe it is currently going through a revival of sorts, with some very talented young comedians, helping repair the damage done from the Jimmy "I kinda look cute/goofy so I must be funny" Fallon era.

Anyways, welcome!

geekluv

Dreamer
I think they are finally getting people who are actually funny on there now. I remember Kenan Thompson from way back when he was on "All That" on Nick, & he was really funny on there. I miss Will Forte, but at least I can watch him in movies such as, "The Slammin' Salmon".

f00fc7c8

Acolyte
In all honesty I live in a two-story house where I'm housewife/stay at home mom. I have a 6 month old who is obsessed with watching Thomas & Friends & crawling where ever she can go. I miss the good old days of Saturday Night Live when Phil Hartman & Chris Farley were still alive. I'm just happy that Doctor Who is back to normal. Not too happy about the Davies version of Doctor Who. How can Daleks be put into extinction & then come back is beyond me. He really screwed up with the Doctor Who legacy. The first Doctor Who I remember watching was Tom Baker. The new guy playing the Doctor brings me back to my childhood back in the 1980's which I miss dearly.

This disappoints me. I was hoping to find out how the wifi signal was in the box. ;) <j/k>

I've never been able to get into British TV (except Top Gear). However, I do missed Chris Farley and Phil Hartman (I've had two random people from different parts of the country say I look like Chris Farley- even though I look nothing like him).

geekluv

Dreamer
It would be neat to see how good of a wifi signal could be in a cardboard box house. :D

Dana Carvey is going to be on SNL tonight, so I guess I get to relive my childhood a little bit again tonight. I hope he does the "church lady" again.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I've never been able to get into British TV (except Top Gear).

Hey F00,

You've been watching the British Top Gear, right? Apparently there's now an American Spinoff that is dreadful.

Have you seen the Top Gear episode in which they drive to the North Pole? It's epic.

f00fc7c8

Acolyte
Yes.. I watch the British Top Gear when it is on tv. I've seen the American show once or twice. They had a good show when they test drove the new Ford F150 Velociraptor; other than that, it is terrible.

The british top gear is only good because of Jeremy Clarkson. He is funny but is also a jagoff.

The North Pole adventure was awesome. Recently, I saw one where he was driving a 3-wheeled car, and he kept rolling it onto its side.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
We just recently watched the Top Gear where they try building their own custom RV's. That was a disaster. And at one point they were cooking food with motor oil!?