• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from Paul

Llewellyn

Dreamer
[Hello, my name is Paul.

I wrote a novel, some years ago, and I would like to get it published
and/or written to the screen. What I need more than anything else, at this time,
is social support, because, admittedly, I have become somewhat discouraged.
I need to speak with anyone interested, who can help me consolidate the congruous-
yet-disparate elements of the story.
What I think I need to do first, is to describe the story-line, because it is a very unusual
story, in a sense: It could be thought of as Fantasy, Inspirational, New-Age or Humor.
Another way in-which the story differs from the norm is that the two main characters
are children (five- and six-years-old, respectively).
Past-lives, psychic phenomena, spirit contact and other new-age themes are integral to the story. These, again, make the story unusual. I am particularly concerned that the over-
the-top humor might distract or otherwise confuse the reader, since the story is essentially
philosophical and inspirational, dealing with issues of karma, love, reconciliation and spiritual evolution.
I am primarily in need of encouragement to do the necessary editing, but the story needs
grounding. Anyone who wishes to take a look is most certainly welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, good to see someone doing something unconventional :) we will do what we can, and we can do a lot.

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

Llewellyn

Dreamer
Hi Janga. Hi Sashamerideth. It is very good to hear from fellow writers.
I have been somewhat isolated, in that sense.
Thanks for the greetings and encouragements.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Llewellyn, and welcome to Mythic Scribes!! I know what it feels like to be isolated, as my family and my friends do not really like Fantasy and so I rarely could talk to other Fantasy writers before I discovered this place =)

You are certainly in the right place to share your works and to find inspiration and encouragement!! Please visit the Showcase section and welcome to our community.

fleamailman

Closed Account
"...well, there you have it then slot..." went the goblin now, continuing "...ample proof that the first sign of madness most probably isn't so much talking to oneself, but addressing another facet of one's personality in a portrayed character here, and then from there inventing yet another character to reply to it too...", whereupon the slot opened its mouth wide in a very "continue goblin, I'm hungry" stance, not really caring what the goblin was talking about just so long as it was edible, so the goblin just continued "...yes slot, jolly good thing that the printing press was invented in my view and that the general level of literacy amongst humans increased from there, I mean, prior to that, most writers were just thought possessed, something resulting in a good bonfire like joan of arc received, which admittedly is overkill in most people's books even if it kept their numbers down...", "...yes goblin, I see your point I suppose but look what happens when we let those writetypes actually delve into their writing, I mean do you think there really are enough writer's forums..., ..." somehow the slot had stopped in mid track, bulking even at thinking upon the notion of some writer's-asylum here, but then finding the strength within to continue, saying "...no, I mean enough places on forumland able to coop with this added influx now, I mean if everyone then turned into writers, there would be no one normal left to talk to now, the place would be awash with multi-personality disfunctionals instead...", which was why their eyes then turned towards the new member Llewellyn here, perhaps he was still normal now, their hopes were high indeed as they welcomed him hither

teletubbies5.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Paul, and welcome to the Scribes. I know what you mean, there is enough discouragement out there to put someone off writing for life. Anyhoo, if you ever want to chat about the trials of being a writer, or want to run any writing past me (I'm hardly an expert though) I'm always around. Don't give up!

Llewellyn

Dreamer
Thanks, Sheila, Flea, Aidan and Blue.
Sheila, I'll definitely drop by the Showcase section!
Aidan, if my writing interests you, then I'd be glad to let you check it out.
Flea,
"Llewellyn, now wondering if that was, indeed, his real name, kicked against the rail
as time railed against him. Raskolnikov would be by shortly, or so he had promised.
Llewellyn, unhealthily bloated on cheap, raspberry pudding, recalled a surreal, punishing
encounter while in Berlin, on his way to St. Petersburg. There, in the stink of the railway
station, an audacious "flea" of a mailman, no taller than one meter, had proposed to him that
all writers, such as he, operated without benefit of intelligence.
Coming to present terms, Llewellyn spat over the frozen rail into the water. "Of course we are
insane!" he considered. "...and if we weren't.., we would have to pretend as though we were!"
Raskolnikov appeared, and upon hearing this, said, "Llew! Don't lose it on me, man! You're
talking to yourself! Who the hell are you talking to? Your alter ego?" He chuckled as Llewellyn
stared, glassy-eyed, out over the Gulf of Finland. Llewellyn was perplexed, even entranced by
his friend's seemingly-rhetorical question. "Let's go get a pizza!" shouted Raskolnikov, slapping Llew-
ellyn on the back, releasing clouds of dust from his bargain-basement overcoat.

Last edited:

fleamailman

Closed Account
"...call me flea then, most do you know..." replied the goblin appreciating the company again, adding "....you write well with a good feel for it too, me, I'm just one of those whatevers you come across now and again,on forums who write in posts, though to be honest it has more to do with painting than set writing in that each post is a portrait, the finished ones are illustrated, but I digress now, I only meant to invite you for tea since we do so lavish attention upon those new amongst us, chitchat section then, start a thread, we could chat there then...", and with that the goblin waved his hand across the air again splaying a red carpet in front of Llewellyn, adding "...too much ostentation for myself but I believe it's he done thing between you humans now..." whereupon the goblin just walked back into the forum again

witch.jpg

Last edited:

Llewellyn

Dreamer
"Chit-chat. Chit-chat." The rythymn of this mantric suggestion rebounded like a manic pogo stick and swayed, yet, like the gleaming arm of an obsessed metronome.
"The time has come!" Llewellyn concluded, rising up off the toilet. Strewn around him, on the floor, were publications various and sundry. "Flea is correct. I will chit-chat!"
"Goblin's in the bath house, run boys run. The goblin's in the house of the rising sun!" he sang merrily, as he considered both shaving and dressing.