• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Spoiler-Fest: Game of Thrones S6

SeverinR

Vala
I'm thinking the term Valonqar, refers to her little brother. Which she forgets is both her brothers, not just Tyrion.
I'm thinking he will do it while she is *unconscious, drunk, drugged or asleep. Of course if he could do an arm choke from behind, the prophesy comes true, but not exactly. (*he could knock her out and choke her to death)

Such a loving family. Tyrion kills his "father" the hand because he was accused of killing his nephew the King, Jaimie will kill Cersei for killing the people and the Prince.
Was Tommen Prince or was he king? I forget how it works.

Ah, the age old saying continues, "in the Game of Thrones, you either win or you die."

I wondered about the horse at that very moment. What, Meera's going to have to drag Bran the rest of the way? Just look at how she had to work so hard to move him closer to the Weirwood tree...

I'm actually irritated by the way the direwolves, even when alive, were sidelined or missing much of the time. I do think that each of the wolves takes on the personality traits of their owner, and Jon has always been a sort of loner or outcast, so maybe Ghost wanders about as a lone wolf for that reason. (Whereas Robb's fought side by side with him earlier in the series.) I suspect that animating the fully grown direwolves might be costly for the producers, so they've limited appearances...

It was said in the behind the scenes of Battle of the Bastards that due to budget constraints, they had to choose between Ghost and Wun Wun. As much as I love Ghost, it does make more sense to choose Wun Wun in this scenario (R.I.P Wun Wun).

SeverinR

Vala
He was king. But he committed suicide after seeing the sept destroyed; she didn't kill him technically, although her actions and lack of supervision led to his suicide.
I thought Tommen was the one that crawled through and found the wildfire before it went off.
I was mistaken.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
That was Cersei's cousin/bedbuddy, What's-His-Face. Lancel, I think.

I don't think the prophesy says Cersei kills her own children. She didn't kill the other two. Her actions did set them all up for death, especially Tommen.

STEALTH EDIT - I may have misunderstood—I think someone who posted earlier said or implied that. Apologies if that's just my misunderstanding.

SeverinR

Vala
I do think Jaime will fulfill the prophesy.
Cersei became the Mad king incarnate and it cost him his last son, he has every reason to kill the person in power again.

Won't the death of Tommen, set off a new fight for the throne? OR can Cersei reign until a suitable heir can be created?
Then again, if Jaime fulfills the prophesy...

X Equestris

Maester
Cersei became the Mad king incarnate and it cost him his last son, he has every reason to kill the person in power again.

Won't the death of Tommen, set off a new fight for the throne? OR can Cersei reign until a suitable heir can be created?

I think Cersei can claim the throne through her marriage into House Baratheon (since the rest of the heirs to the house are dead) but I'm not sure. If so, she could also lay claim to the Baratheon holdings in the Stormlands. Not that those will help her too much.

My guess is that Cersei holds the throne until Daenerys takes it.

I think Cersei can claim the throne through her marriage into House Baratheon (since the rest of the heirs to the house are dead) but I'm not sure. If so, she could also lay claim to the Baratheon holdings in the Stormlands. Not that those will help her too much.

I don't know. Gendry still exists somewhere. I wonder what he's doing these days.

Steel Dragon

Dreamer

It doesn't matter, because Daenerys is coming anyway, so is Jon (Jaehaerys) Targaryen, the new King in the North. There's going to be a fight for the throne anyway. But according to law, Cersie is kinda the last one standing of the Baratheon line. And she'll just give up having children, so there'll be no heir. She doens't care what happens to the thrine after she's dead.

X Equestris

Maester
My guess is that Cersei holds the throne until Daenerys takes it.

I don't know. Gendry still exists somewhere. I wonder what he's doing these days.

True, but I'm not sure how many people even know Gendry is a Baratheon bastard. I doubt it's enough to mount a serious campaign.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Milesandre can be his queen.

Fun times until Gendry wakes up at 3:00 am, notices the necklace on the bedside table next to a glass of water with dentures in it, looks back at his wife...

SeverinR

Vala
Just watched the whole season over the weekend.
Arya found her name and her vengeance is unleashed. (I missed that scene before)
Jaime gave that look at Cersei, I think he could kill her. But Tyrion is heading back also.
We know Jon Snow is Jon Stark-Targaryen. (Mother was Lyanna Stark) So he has a right to be "King of the north" and Heir to the "Throne of swords".
The dragon horde is crossing the sea.

I do think someone needs to realize, they should try to find the secret to the Valyrian steel. Since it is one of the few things to kill a White walker.

SeverinR

Vala
They brought a lot together in season 6.
It does seem the end is rushing to the final conflicts.

Milesandra: I don't know what the future holds for her, but it won't be with Jon's group.
I think it might end with the three leaders ruling over the lands.
Dany, Jon and Tyrion, each with their dragon.

Dany and Jon are Targaryens, is there a third Targaryen?

X Equestris

Maester
Dany and Jon are Targaryens, is there a third Targaryen?

There are theories that Tyrion is Aerys' bastard son by Joanna Lannister, but the evidence so far isn't near as strong as it was for R+L=J. Just a statement or two from Tywin and the fact that Aerys took "liberties" with the bedding ceremony at Tywin's wedding.

The books had a boy claiming to be Rhaegar's son Aegon, who was supposedly spirited away from Kings Landing before the sack and replaced with a peasant baby. However, there's much to suggest he's a Blackfyre pretender descended from the female line of House Blackfyre. And since the show hasn't bothered touching this plot line yet, I think it's safe to say the Blackfyre theory is ultimately correct.