• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Best Quotes from a game

La Volpe

Sage
"I don't need encouragement. I'd fight to the end no matter what. Ashera, you can't stop me. It doesn't matter if you're a goddess. It doesn't matter if I have no way to win. Fighting defines me, and I will not lose." - Ike (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

"Shinon wouldn't tell me that he smelled smoke if I was on fire." - Ike

And of course:
"Hyaah!" - Link (every Legend of Zelda game ever)

La Volpe

Sage
"I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear." - some Youngster (Pokemon Red)

"My life for Auir!" - Zealot (Starcraft)

"Extra crispy!" - Shock Trooper (Red Alert)

"I prefer the term 'treasure hunter'!" - Locke, when called a thief (Final Fantasy VI)

Man, I got a lot of these.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
"I'd hug you, but Ocheeva told me not to." - T.E.S. IV: Oblivion

Oh oblivion you wonderful game... Gogron and the brotherhood were lean mean quote-machines.

"You know what they say... Home is where you hang your enemys head." -Gogron

"Dear brother. I do not spread rumors. I create them." -Lucien Lachance

"May the Night Mother wrap you in her cold, loving embrace." -Ocheeva

C

Chessie

I love Lucien LeChance! His lines are gold in Skyrim's DB quest to find Cicero, but perhaps my favorite is during battle when he yells, "I'm Lucien LeChance!" Like, he may be missing a couple of naughty words after that haha!

Reactions: Ban

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
"You sleep rather soundly for a murderer. That's good. You'll need a clear conscience for what I'm about to propose." -Lucien

You only meet the guy 4 times in Oblivion, yet he is by far the most memorable. His return in Skyrim was fun as well, but in Oblivion he was an 11/10

"We praise our Unholy Matron. From her shadowed womb we were born, from her breast we suckle malice and pain. She loves her children, you see."

I wish I would write lines as casually terrifying as that.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
images

~Badguy, Bionic Commando

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I'm replaying New Vegas. The terrifying legion quotes always stand out to me:

"We shall see how brave you are when nailed to the walls of Hoover Dam, your body facing west so you may watch your world die." -Legate Lanius

"Don't worry, I won't have you lashed to a cross like the rest of these degenerates. It's useful that you happened by." -Vulpes Inculta

"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." -The Malpais Legate

C

Chessie

I'm replaying New Vegas. The terrifying legion quotes always stand out to me:

"We shall see how brave you are when nailed to the walls of Hoover Dam, your body facing west so you may watch your world die." -Legate Lanius

"Don't worry, I won't have you lashed to a cross like the rest of these degenerates. It's useful that you happened by." -Vulpes Inculta

"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." -The Malpais Legate

My favorite Bennie dialogue (always killed him in his sleep on every play through):

"Baby, you can savor the swank digs all you want when we're done talking. Sit down."

Diablo 3 has some nice ones for Legendary items.

"I walk forever in my master’s boots so that I never forget how my insolence caused his death. To honor his memory, I live my life in a manner that embodies everything it means to be a crusader." —Meditations on My Redemption

"Step into the abyss. Welcome it. Know it. It's yours, now." —Demon Hunter Kunai

"Infused with the powers of wind, lightning, all that kind of thing! Then again... a couple of extra demons never hurt." —Yolk Chen

ATKH

Scribe
The Witcher 3 has some great ones.

You don’t need mutations to strip men of their humanity. (Geralt)

Saying a botchling's ugly is like saying s**t's not particularly tasty: can't say it's a lie, but it doesn't exactly convey the whole truth, either (Lambert in a Bestiary entry for Botchlings)

Geralt: All right, I lied... But only partly.
Sigi Reuven: Heard of beasts that are half-lion, half-eagle, maidens who are half-fish... But you'll never convince me there's such a thing as a half-truth.

What can you know about saving the world, silly? You're but a witcher. (Ciri. The feels.)

Werewolf: The Crone, what's she done to you?
Geralt: Stole my daughter's medallion.
Werewolf: If I may... why risk it? The Crone'll fight. Like a hounded wolverine, she'll fight. She may cripple, even kill you. Find the girl a new pendant. Her sorrow will pass in time.
Geralt: No, it won't. My daughter's dead. [This, when Geralt paused and looked at a star in the sky, completely broke my heart.]

Don't blame yourself. No witcher's ever died in his own bed. (Geralt)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Gryphos

Auror
"Ah, Kos, or some say Kosm ... do you hear our prayers? As you once did for the vacuous Rom, grant us eyes, grants us eyes. Plant eyes on our brains, to cleanse our beastly idiocy. The grand lake of mud, hidden now from sight... The cosmos, of course! Let us sit about and speak feverishly, chatting into the wee hours of ... new ideas, of the higher plane!"
— Micolash, Host of the Nightmare, from Bloodborne, whose speech has been burnt onto my memory from him endlessly repeating it during his boss fight

Son of Eld

Dreamer
"What do you think? To tell you the truth... I worry too much about what others think of me. I hate that side of me... That's why I didn't want anyone to get to know me. I wanted to hide that side of myself. I hate it. Squall is an unfriendly, introverted guy. It made it easy for me when people perceived me that way. That's a secret between you and me. Got that?" -Squall Leonhart

Edgewalker

Acolyte
I have a couple from For Honor:

*Vikings see heads on pikes*
Berserker: "That's barbaric!"
Valkyrie: "I've seen you take scalps."
Berserker: "That's different."

*After a Viking interrogates a Samurai*
Warlord: "Well, what did he say?"
*Valkryie looks at the bloody Samurai, then back at the Warlord*
"I don't speak Japanese."