• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Maybe-author seeks like-minded individuals for heavy conversation and rowing

Mike Chara

Scribe
I stumbled across you lot on facebook, have I found my people?

I started writing a sci-fi novel some years ago, and realised it/I was/am terrible. I'm finally writing what will be my debut novel, in fantasy — and I'm hoping to find some people sailing the same way.

I find that it's quite a task to keep the boat going against the current just by my lonesome. Perhaps some people will jump in and get on an oar, or give me a lift in something with an engine?

I'd love to get in on a writing circle, or some sort of feedback group or partner. Scribophile/youwriteon just arn't doing it for me anymore.

Oh and Hi, I'm Mike.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Mike Chara
We can probably give you more support, help, wisdom [such as it is] and commiseration than you can bare.
It is a warm and friendly place so don't feel afraid to leap in and enjoy.

Miseo

Minstrel
I don't know what a writing circle is but I think it could be a good idea.

Also, welcome.

Mike Chara

Scribe
Re: writing circle, I have a vision of a bunch of people on some sort of media like slack, perhaps I'll set one up? Where we can all trade chapters and what not for critique trades.

Re: sparring, blood is fine, as long as it's productive and everyone cuddles afterwards!

Miseo

Minstrel
Oh, neat. I would be interested in a writing circle. I wouldn't mind a square either though.

Mike Chara

Scribe
Oh, neat. I would be interested in a writing circle. I wouldn't mind a square either though.

I'll give it a bit more to get to know some people here, then I'll probably go ahead and set it up.

I do not do CUDDLES! I am British! A firm handshake is good enough for any occasion!

Haha! We can have some queues for the sparring as well, nice and orderly.

I'll give it a bit more to get to know some people here, then I'll probably go ahead and set it up.

Haha! We can have some queues for the sparring as well, nice and orderly.
Welcome Mike, I have been looking for the same so if you set it up, make sure we all know. I'll be there.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Mike Chara

Scribe
Welcome Mike, I have been looking for the same so if you set it up, make sure we all know. I'll be there.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

That's a Baldurs Gate avatar you have there. Definitely have found my people!

Mike Chara

Scribe
Hi Mike,
When you set up that forum, count me in.

Sounds like there is quite a lot of interest, I'll get on it tomorrow and put it in the writing groups sub. Once the channel is populated we can have a discussion on how we'd like it set up and how it will work. I imagine it will be on a basis similar to the review websites – people can drop their work in the right channel and everyone who has the time will critique it. In return, you can drop your own work for a round of critique from everyone else.