• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Grim Reapers, Death, and the Underworld

^Well, Part IV of my current story takes place in the underworld, so...
But if we all use it, then what? :p We sue each other for copyright infringement?

^Well, Part IV of my current story takes place in the underworld, so...
But if we all use it, then what? :p We sue each other for copyright infringement?

I see the smily, but it really bugs me when aspiring writers talk, even jokingly, about copyright infringement in the context of using the same idea as someone else. Copyright laws don't prevent people from using the same idea. It's all about the execution of the idea.

Alyssa

Troubadour
I see the smily, but it really bugs me when aspiring writers talk, even jokingly, about copyright infringement in the context of using the same idea as someone else. Copyright laws don't prevent people from using the same idea. It's all about the execution of the idea.

So we can't sue anyone? Very well... I demand satisfaction. Pistols at dawn. My challenge will be delivered to your seconds.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Haven't seen Baron Samedi mentioned yet, so I will. He is the drunken, debaucherous psychopomp of Haitian Voodoo. It's an interesting take on the concept of death. Usually death is presented in religion as a scary, dour man. Samedi on the other hand is a relaxed and laughing, walking skeleton with a top hat on his head and a cigar in his mouth.

I demand satisfaction. Pistols at dawn.

Is that a Taboo quote perhaps? :p

Haven't seen Baron Samedi mentioned yet, so I will. He is the drunken, debaucherous psychopomp of Haitian Voodoo. It's an interesting take on the concept of death. Usually death is presented in religion as a scary, dour man. Samedi on the other hand is a relaxed and laughing, walking skeleton with a top hat on his head and a cigar in his mouth.

Oh I totally didn't even think about Semedi! Yes he's definitely one of the most interesting (at least in my opinion) death-related entities to be found.