• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
After a poetry event I went to, someone looked me up online and asked about purchasing a copy of my book of Valentine's Day cards.

They say plagiarism is the highest form of flattery, but this has got to be up there too. :D

EDIT: This one: Read Me ? Burn With Me ? s v r t n s s e

Last edited:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Started turning my western brides series into audiobooks! Let me tell you, it's a bit strange hearing someone narrating in minutes what you spent weeks writing. It's super cool anyway.
That's really cool. I bet it's a really weird feeling hearing someone else read your stuff out loud.

How are you doing it? Is there a service provider for that kind of thing, or are you using some kind of text-to speech software (are they even good enough for that yet?). Maybe a good idea for another thread? :p

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I'm going through ACX and doing the royalty share. All you do is claim your books and put out auditions by posting an excerpt from the story. It's pretty cake. :)

Russ

Istar
I'm going through ACX and doing the royalty share. All you do is claim your books and put out auditions by posting an excerpt from the story. It's pretty cake. :)

That site has a very good rep and many cool auctions. Some excellent experienced people there, some of whom have top notch equipment.

Audible bought my wife's book and it is really weird listening to someone read it aloud, but fun. They didn't get the characters names pronunciation perfect this time...but they will next time.

Malik

Auror
100 reviews on Dragon's Trail at Amazon.

ONr8.gif

xkara

Dreamer
I've been reading a lot more, which means I'm building my attention span for it again. Yay!

I've also done little bits of brainstorming and character generation. While not a lot, it's more than I've been able to do on command for a while. Yay!

Malik

Auror
It lives. Line edits and initial proofread complete, The New Magic went out to beta readers tonight.

It will be done--really and truly done--in a few weeks, and then the real work begins.

TNM Arc Crop.jpg

Tom

Istar
I received a letter of acceptance today for the Graphic Design BFA program I applied to! The institution I'm at now has been good to me for the last two years, but I'm overjoyed to be moving on to a more challenging course of study at my top choice school. Finally the weeks of anticipation and nerves are over...