• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Post songs that best represent your writing

I think the original version by Tears for Fears is superior. :p

Here's an orchestrated piece that I absolutely love and I tend to listen to it any time I'm trying to write a deeply emotional scene. It's certainly the absolute most emotional piece of music I've ever listened to.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mood created by this piece and the one I'll post next is close to what I'm striving for in part in my WIP.

The Hands of Fate Part 1 and 2 from the film Signs is another emotional piece of music I listen to while writing. Part 1 is amazing because it goes from scary, to somber, to revelation, to heroic action all in one piece, and part 2 is amazing because of how beautiful it sounds. What makes it all even more great is that it's essentially the same small motif constantly repeated.

It's great music for a scene where 'things all come together' during the climax/end.

Just about everything Pink Floyd is great for writing, especially if I'm writing science fiction. It's hard to pic one song that captures that but I'll post the one I (probably) listen to the most:

I also often listen to their album Animals, which is a bit of a Animal Farm inspired story. Probably would be great for writing a dystopian story.

Lisselle

Minstrel
Great thread!

I love Audiomachine, Two steps from hell, Howard Shore (The Lord of the Rings Soundtrack), and the World of Warcraft soundtrack.

One of my favourites, Nameless Heroes, by Audiomachine...

Animal Collective's bizarre style is definitely inspiring to me. I listen to this all the time.

Relothius

Acolyte
Best heroic battle theme for me that almost fit in any kind of settings

Also I listen to my favorite Two Steps From Hell tracks as well when I imagined a big important battle
1. United We Stand, Divided We Fall
2. SkyWorld
3. Creation of Earth

I kinda want to make an action game right now hehehe