• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another new guy

Epaminondas

Scribe
Hello guys,
I feel like I should introduce myself. I've been gleaning information from you guys for a few months and finally had to sign up.
Well, lets see, I'm thirty five and have been writing since I was a kid so that's twenty years or so. (wow that sounds strange when you actually say it.)
I definitely prefer epic fantasy. I guess it's the world building; I love world building. I'm a bit of a history nut so a lot of my work usually begins from a historical base. Lately though I'm starting to branch out a little bit more from that style than I used to.
I've never given much thought to publishing or anything. Writing has just always been a hobby that I could pour hours into and really enjoy myself.

Like I said, I've already picked up a few helpful tidbits on here so far. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Epaminondas

Scribe
Welcome to Mythic Scribes! What periods/topics in history interest you in particular?

Well for the most part any pre-firearm military history but lately I've become a bit obsessed with Greek, Persian and Macedonian history. I'm not sure when that happened because, being into fantasy, was always so absorbed in the middle ages. I guess I've gotten into the Greek stuff so much lately because I never had read much into that time period before.

Chilari

Staff
Ooh lovely. Greek stuff is exactly what I love the most. Let me know if you need some help with any research on that - or if you're just interested in something - and I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction.