• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

Noxius

Dreamer
I've started a new, heavily modded skyrim playhrough (mostly making the world more pretty and adding a lot of quests). And I have my thrid Witcher 3 playthrough on deathmarch and new game+ waiting for me :)
(I should really focus more on my finals than doing this... but geralt and my skyrim char need me!)

Relothius

Acolyte
So I just got a new laptop and I was trying out Overwatch during the free weekend. Remind me of how I love competitive games besides RPGs. I used to learn much about fighting games especially the anime ones, like Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Plus in Overwatch you have to rely on teamwork, which make things in competitive a lot more interesting for me (besides improving my individual skills). And right now I watch a lot of pro plays in youtube and twitch.

Definitely gonna buy Overwatch when I have the money.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
My son plays team fortress and likes it better than overwatch. I think team fortress is free. Maybe you would enjoy it too

Relothius

Acolyte
Thanks for the suggestion :D though I love overwatch more because it felt more lively, colorful, and diverse than team fortress. And more polished than Paladins (a game that looks almost the same as overwatch but free)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Morrowind.

s1GSFFusCazRIsZTxuayMEAdJGlqVYR6YXH_BIFbjmvgrU3iFdtA8d6gz2ObItmIVzgKHGKTeZ6nW-UzqmtIQ1CcdIQ_dE712Pbi2RK68fPORA4QdP3XM5MF4YwApsDcvk9M9ftuyklp7xeS1-27S_job0vIYw-Fm5CArH0DfgOLJKr9GbOYwslFR7bIvdTHga97Qa3fRlT1HMrhHm9H4b9bwaG3jcjcRRnFZrlCLpIDAlegpzO4pYQ_unykk4IcdtcvSohvgegQRTTVksk67Vr4JCpB-QiBMhmRboCdbuwTCoZ54834tYqwZ7f69Qynhga1LaLtJOvXv8gNxf1QZCqx1Md7CFh6_sGCP3Qduzwz78v0WR7fmiMBAN5hJ0KXfNne4rvp8O9A33CjqOK41SZFSnNJWoAv4idU9IxKB-0Oj9DFXRWnrmDHPda1-5d4qv79Gvbw61akfB7Dj_HtLoqtULbI8dwaZlDfl0mTMtZrW94PhWK75Ex77tMQGUtFD3A6QUKL5yhQ_oHn3ifJce3Ajb9KwrwmyTGhANH8vffBvqq_47Jf-DtX6CR2O-DrQ-fZQAw6ZfySAzjD2MJadiC0ktsSk4SHy8iocup3agzx0Vb6W1QtnhMYm2VQWA-MggZ8r29TIEfZQgoOs9fFwjYz7bKeyOIZvKKPF4GmNQ=w1725-h970-no

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Got pulled back into Diablo III again. New season just started, so I'm levelling a HC Witch Doctor.

Mythopoet

Auror
Husband and I have tired of WoW again and have started playing FFXIV. We've actually tried to play it a couple of other times. It always fails to pull me in even though so much about it seems so attractive. This time we've developed a better plan. I designed my character on more general lines. I tend to design character with specific traits and personality and name to go with a certain class, but in this game you're really intended to use a single character and train them in any "jobs" you want and then just switch between jobs as needed. Not an approach I'm used to, but I'm trying to play along this time. (I tend to approach characters with an RP mentality even when I don't end up RPing.) Also we're going to level up as fast as possible so I can use the cosmetic system. Without it everything feels more dull. lol

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Dishonored 2. It's fine, but Horizon: Zero Dawn has set such a high standard, every game since then has been little better than fine.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Dishonored 2. It's fine, but Horizon: Zero Dawn has set such a high standard, every game since then has been little better than fine.

Horizon was excellent. I've been enjoying Far Cry Primal. It's not Horizon, but it has been fun trying to build up my village.

Mythos

Troubadour
I started playing The Witcher 3 a while ago when my brother recommended it, and I am currently working my way through the books. Its enjoyable in a fun, comfortable fantasy trope way.

La Volpe

Sage
I've finally started Fallout: New Vegas (as Banten will be pleased to hear). So far, it feels much cooler than Fallout 3, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I'm also busy with Final Fantasy IV.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Started Metal Gear: The Phantom Pain today. I really want to like it but the Prologue was heavy-handed, baffling and frankly rather boring. I sincerely hope the game opens out. We just got to Afghanistan.

Otherwise, I'll have to go back to FFXIV, which early phases were juvenile and stilted. After several months of top-notch games (Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, Far Cry, Uncharted, Horizon: Zero Dawn), I find I have little patience for second-rate. Fussy me.

CF WELBURN

Dreamer
In the wake of The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 (both excellent), I'm in need of a few shorter games before embarking on another hour-eating rpg. Currently enjoying Life is Strange and have Last guardian to play...

Aurora

Sage
Um...kind of a creepy thing but I uploaded a mod in Fallout 4 that brings back the player character's spouse to life. It's weird seeing him alive but kind of fun at the same time. I may not sleep tonight.

Reaver

Staff
I know it's over two years old, but I've started playing Batman: Arkham Knight again because it's one of the most kick ass games ever.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I've got you beat, @Reaver--my wife and I are playing Uncharted 2.

We played 4 and enjoyed it so much we bought the remastered package deal of the first three games. It's surprising how well even the original Uncharted holds up. We're nearly done with 2, looking forward to 3. We should finish in time to dive into Lost Legacy.

(FTR, gave up on FF15. What a horribly designed game!)