• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Been listening to these guys at work all week. They've been around but they're new to me. Brilliant examples of the genre, for those so inclined. Viva Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Just discovered this girl and her music: voice, guitar, sampler, and effects. I'm guessing you could call it a modern take on psychedelic/progressive rock, but those aren't genres I'm well familiar with, so I'm not sure how well that describes it. Either way, I'm loving it.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Writing at the pub sometimes results in some good old rock, and me with my headphones round my neck rather than over the ears:

Tom

Istar
While camping over the weekend I decided to try Sufjan Stevens' music, having never listened to it before. I saved his newest album, Planetarium, and loved it. Here's my favorite track.

CF WELBURN

Dreamer
!!!METAL!!!

Mostly atmospheric stuff that does not distract me too much and evokes a fantastical mood. Some bands I've enjoyed listening to whilst writing have been:

AGOLLOCH
DRUDKH
BATHORY
FALKANBACH
FALLS OF RAUROS
FENN
MOONSORROW
OBSEQUIAE
SUMMONING
CALADAN BROOD
WINTERFYLLTH
WODENSTHRONE
WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM

Steerpike

Felis amatus
!!!METAL!!!

Mostly atmospheric stuff that does not distract me too much and evokes a fantastical mood. Some bands I've enjoyed listening to whilst writing have been:

AGOLLOCH
DRUDKH
BATHORY
FALKANBACH
FALLS OF RAUROS
FENN
MOONSORROW
OBSEQUIAE
SUMMONING
CALADAN BROOD
WINTERFYLLTH
WODENSTHRONE
WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM

Saw Agalloch play not that long ago (sadly, they've since disbanded). You may well like the Ahab album I posted, above.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
It's Sunday morning, it's raining, and I'm at work with a hangover. In a situation like that, this kind of understated repetitive music works really well for me.

HiddenVale

Dreamer
Instrumental Jazz, Traditional Celtic Music, Bach, Kansas, Zimmer and Howard Shore's soundtracks, pockets of praise music, and choral music (in real life).

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I bumped into this Electro House cover of Mad World. It doesn't really have a fantasy feel to it (except maybe urban fantasy), but it's got a good steady beat and made for good company while out walking last night.
I also shared it on FB, and it turns out the guy who did it is friends with one of my old DJ buddies.