• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Assassin's Creed Unity

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello and greetings to all of my fellow Gamers in this Forum!

I have felt a great curiosity about Assassin's Creed Unity since a long time ago, but I had not purchased it so far because of the extremely bad reviews that it received from so many people. I knew that the game was broken and it would be necessary to download heavy patches to play it, so I skipped it back then.

Also, it used to be very expensive!

Just recently I found this game for PS4 at a very low price in a shop that I do not frequent, so I decided to get it at last. It was necessary indeed to download more than six Gigabyte of patches, but I have been playing it finally and so far my experience has been very positive.

The story is good and interesting. I already love Elise de la Serre, and my greatest complaint about this game so far is that I cannot play as her. It would be great if we could play as both Arno and Elise! Arno is alright in my view so far into the story, something like a French version of Ezio but also colder and more sophisticated.

I have reached Paris already, I passed the extremely wacky sequence of Arno's initiation as an Assassin and now I am free to explore the city already equipped with the cool outfit and some very nice weapons!

The graphics are really outstanding. I have read many opinions stating that Unity looks better than Syndicate, but they look equally beautiful to me. What I really like about Unity so far is the combat system. This is a gritty game with bloody combat, and if you are not super careful you get killed very easily.

Great combat system and blood effects, much better than those of Syndicate!

I am enjoying very much the sad and gritty atmosphere of Paris, and the lack of a pirate ship and other similar nonsense additions is very welcome as well. Another drawback for me is that Arno cannot attack civilians in any way, what a disappointment but I can learn to play with that.

I hope that this proves to be a real AC game, similar to the original instead of being another Zelda like AC2.

Have you played AC Unity? What do you think of it?

Reaver

Staff
I played Unity a little bit so far and while the graphics and gameplay are nice, I can't seem to get past the fact that there a lot of long cut scenes that interrupt the flow of the game. This is where, in my opinion, Syndicate is better.

Maybe at some point I'll give Unity another try but at the moment I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn, which is absolutely incredible on every level: MC, story, graphics, combat system, the sheer size of the open world environment.... just everything.

I highly recommend you check out the trailer which is actual gameplay and decide if this will be your next purchase.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Reaver!

It's great to know that you are a PS4 player as well. In case that you have the fantastic Bloodborne and you would like some combat assistance in that world, it would be nice to play together someday. I know that AC Unity has multiplayer capability too, but I have not given it a try yet.

Thanks for sharing that video!

I am very interested in Horizon Zero Dawn, but the game has been seriously expensive here since release and it remains like that today. I am waiting for the price to drop a little more, so I can purchase this cool game right on time to have it as my birthday present in two months from today.

Horizon Zero Dawn looks magnificent, and the fact that you play as a female MC is a huge plus for me. I am really tired of playing male protagonists in so many games, which is why when I play AC Syndicate I am Evie almost all of the time while poor Jacob gets bored sitting at the train.

The exploring and hunting in Horizon looks incredible, too.

Do you have Garden Warfare?

Reaver

Staff
Hi Sheila!

I don't own Bloodborne. I tried it and I guess it doesn't really fit into my type of genre although the visuals are very nice. I also don't have Garden Warfare. I honestly haven't heard of it. To be honest, the only games I'm interested in are Assassin's Creed: Origins and the new God of War.

I'll be sure to wish you feliz cumpleaños when the day comes and I hope you'll be able to get Horizon Zero Dawn. I think that you'll get lost in the massive open-world environment of that game like I did... just exploring and gathering materials. Although the game can be finished relatively quickly, I think I've spent around 90 hours in total just enjoying everything.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello again Reaver and sorry for the late reply.

I keep exploring 18th century Paris in Arno's game, mostly because I want to synchronize as many Viewpoints as possible before I really engage the campaign. The city keeps surprising me with the stunning graphics and beautiful views! I have given my Arno a red Assassin suit, but I'll try different colors when I play tonight.

So far, I have been fighting with Great Sword but I'll try lighter weapons as well.

I can duel and kill up to three guards, but if they are more I am screwed. Anyway, this is a weak version of Arno without all those upgrades... I am sure that combat is going to be a lot more fun when my Arno gets stronger and more skillful, just like it happens with Evie and Jacob in AC Syndicate.

Have you played Unity online? What is it like?

I totally recommend Garden Warfare to you, it's a fantastic game. There are many different modes of gameplay, from a tower defense variant to deadly field battles with up to 24 players at the same time. The game is very sweet and innocent despite the fact that it's a shooter, it's all great and friendly fun.

This is me playing Garden Warfare:

The game looks easy especially in that mode, but the team battles can get pretty vicious. There are many weak players, but when you encounter the cracks it gets incredibly difficult... and this is a Bloodborne player saying it!

I love Garden Warfare.

iamelmo1

Dreamer
You should play the dark souls series as they like Bloodbourne are incredible to play and challenging.

This is some of the fun times I've had with the 3rd game with friends

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Elmo, and thank you for sharing that video with us!

I have watched many gameplay videos of the various Dark Souls games, and they are indeed almost exactly like Bloodborne. Well actually Bloodborne is the one that inherited the gameplay, because Dark Souls came first.

Dark Souls indeed attracts me, but it's more Medieval in setting while Bloodborne is Victorian.

I am fascinated by Victorian settings, and that's one of the reasons that I have fallen in love with Bloodborne so deeply. Well, that and the combat system and the weapons and the Hunter's Dream and the Doll and slaying countless monsters in incredibly bloody combat! When I first played Bloodborne, I just could not believe how incredibly good the game is.

This is me in Bloodborne, in battle against the lovely Vicar Amelia after her transformation:

Which do you think is harder, Bloodborne or Dark Souls?

I think that Bloodborne is a very challenging game, but at the same time it's all fair and there is almost nothing really bad in it. The only part that I think is unfair is when you have to find the Abandoned Workshop, because the necessary drops are completely invisible in the darkness and you just get killed over and over again.

Anyway, the Abandoned Workshop is optional so that part does not matter much.

iamelmo1

Dreamer
Hello Elmo, and thank you for sharing that video with us!

I have watched many gameplay videos of the various Dark Souls games, and they are indeed almost exactly like Bloodborne. Well actually Bloodborne is the one that inherited the gameplay, because Dark Souls came first.

Dark Souls indeed attracts me, but it's more Medieval in setting while Bloodborne is Victorian.

I am fascinated by Victorian settings, and that's one of the reasons that I have fallen in love with Bloodborne so deeply. Well, that and the combat system and the weapons and the Hunter's Dream and the Doll and slaying countless monsters in incredibly bloody combat! When I first played Bloodborne, I just could not believe how incredibly good the game is.

This is me in Bloodborne, in battle against the lovely Vicar Amelia after her transformation:

Which do you think is harder, Bloodborne or Dark Souls?

I think that Bloodborne is a very challenging game, but at the same time it's all fair and there is almost nothing really bad in it. The only part that I think is unfair is when you have to find the Abandoned Workshop, because the necessary drops are completely invisible in the darkness and you just get killed over and over again.

Anyway, the Abandoned Workshop is optional so that part does not matter much.

I would say its a tie between Dark souls 1 and Bloodborne in terms of difficulty, I think you will enjoy Dark souls (albeit the gameplay is slower than bloodborne) They both have interesting boss fights, but I have to say fighting Artorias was is by far the coolest boss fight in all of the Souls like games.