• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

Reaver

Staff
The storytelling of the Uncharted games is, in my opinion, top tier. The same can be said for the Batman Arkham series: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I keep wanting to like the Arkham games, but could not get into the gameplay. Plus, it's tough playing games where so much of the screen is so dark. One of the (many) reasons I enjoyed Horizon: Zero Dawn is because I could *see*.

Tom

Istar
Today I found Loved, this fascinating little flash game. Its choice system splits into two paths: obey the abusive narrator who instructs you to put yourself in harm's way, or defy them and go your own way. The graphics change depending on your choice, becoming more chaotic and colorful as you make "disobedient" choices. It's in interesting psychological experiment in authority and how we're taught to respond to it.

Tom

Istar
I started a new Dragon Age: Origins playthrough the other day. Tabris origin this time. There are newer games with better graphics out there, but I always seem to come back to Origins.

Planescape: Torment remake is currently going and I love it as much as the original when it was released. The best crpg ever in my books, still! Also playing Banner Saga 2, I loved the first episode, it was one of the few games that has actually made me cry. So intense.

Laggy

Acolyte
Telltale's The Walking Dead. I'm already terrible at decision making, and this game just throws so many hard ones at you.

Saigonnus

Auror
Playing Skyrim. Decided to try a very traditional wizard.(i.e. no armor, limited weaponry) at level 27 presently as a pretty badass conjurer/evoker.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Playing Skyrim. Decided to try a very traditional wizard.(i.e. no armor, limited weaponry) at level 27 presently as a pretty badass conjurer/evoker.
Nice! I recently started my assassin illusionist up again and she's adventuring with Marcurio somewhere in the Rift. She's about to ditch him for Onmund though.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I just finished my latest chapter I've been struggling with for the last few days, and as a treat/reward I bought Hob on Steam. I've read good things about it, and the videos I've seen look interesting too.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
What Became of Edith Finch
Definitely a change of pace from previous game, Wolfenstein 2.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I feel like such a stupid nerd but I've been totally hooked on the Diner Dash app for the past week. It's crazy addictive.