• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello there!

Koami

Dreamer
Hello! My name is Koami.

I have always like fantasy since I was a little girl. From fairy tales, fiction, etc. I have always have a tendency to make up stories in my head and now that I'm older, I would like to take it a bit more seriously. I'm currently writing two stories, one of them is paused and the other one is in a ongoing status. I was looking for a forum where I can surround myself with other writers that can help me with my story. I don't know if this is a career that I would like to take on seriously but right now I do it because is fun and I love to read similar stories.

I don't like physical books, yeah I know is kind off weird.. But I prefer to read on the computer (book recommendations are very welcome) I hope to meet other writers and growth as one myself. I'm very pleased to meet you all!
:)

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome! I love fantasy, too, and I make up stories in my head, still.

Ooh, book recommendations!

Books by Diana Wynne Jones:
Howl's Moving Castle
Fire and Hemlock [one of my favourite books ever]
Dogsbody
Enchanted Glass
The Darklord of Derkholm
Year of the Griffin
Deep Secret
The Merlin Conspiracy

Books by Ursula Le Guin:
The Earthsea Cycle [A Wizard of Earthsea, The Tombs of Atuan, The Farthest Shore, Tehanu, Tales from Earthsea, The Other Wind]

The Princess Bride [by William Goldman]

The Discworld series [by Terry Pratchett]
My favourites include: Mort, Reaper Man, Hogfather, Thief of Time, Interesting Times, The Last Continent, Wyrd Sisters, Witches Abroad, and Carpe Jugulum.

Koami

Dreamer
Hello, and welcome! I love fantasy, too, and I make up stories in my head, still.

Ooh, book recommendations!

Books by Diana Wynne Jones:
Howl's Moving Castle
Fire and Hemlock [one of my favourite books ever]
Dogsbody
Enchanted Glass
The Darklord of Derkholm
Year of the Griffin
Deep Secret
The Merlin Conspiracy

Books by Ursula Le Guin:
The Earthsea Cycle [A Wizard of Earthsea, The Tombs of Atuan, The Farthest Shore, Tehanu, Tales from Earthsea, The Other Wind]

The Princess Bride [by William Goldman]

The Discworld series [by Terry Pratchett]
My favourites include: Mort, Reaper Man, Hogfather, Thief of Time, Interesting Times, The Last Continent, Wyrd Sisters, Witches Abroad, and Carpe Jugulum.
Wao! That's a whole lot, I'll definitely start checking them out:coffee::geek: and thank you! Do you have any OC's?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Koami
Good to have you here...
Don't.. like... real.... books.....?
Really? Wow... I can't get enough of them. :)

Koami

Dreamer
Hail and well met Koami
Good to have you here...
Don't.. like... real.... books.....?
Really? Wow... I can't get enough of them. :)
I know is weird:D but I have tried to read books, and I just can't. I believe is because when I was in high school or school in general, I was obligated to read books I didn't want to read. Consequently, when I see a book, I just feel like it's something I "have" to read. :D I'm weird.

Koami

Dreamer
Oh, I get it. I'd like to think that all of my characters are original. I've written three books, and I'm working on my fourth.
:eek: That's awesome, like I said I have a story paused and one currently ongoing. But, I feel some blocks in my current story (like I don't know how to make it flow). I would love to read your books, by the way.

I could always send you a link to one, since they're on Google Docs. You could be my test reader. :cool: They can be read in any order, so: Tales from Mythaven, White Darkness, or Edge of Eternity?

Koami

Dreamer
I could always send you a link to one, since they're on Google Docs. You could be my test reader. :cool: They can be read in any order, so: Tales from Mythaven, White Darkness, or Edge of Eternity?
Oh, I'll appreciate that :) send me the one, you would like me to read.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
I know is weird:D but I have tried to read books, and I just can't. I believe is because when I was in high school or school in general, I was obligated to read books I didn't want to read. Consequently, when I see a book, I just feel like it's something I "have" to read. :D I'm weird.
I get the "have to read" thing. It took me at least 20 years before I could read or watch a Shakespeare play after being forced to read Twelfth Night aloud in class in High School.

Viorp

Minstrel
I also love fantasy (but. also Sci-Fi).
Though for some reason I can't force myself to like books, it just always annoys me how I don't know how the protagonist looks untill a certain point in the story. I often imagine him/her in a certain way and later I have to change it because the author has finally put in a description...

So yea, I'm more of a comic/manga/movie guy. But I'm also currently trying to write a fantasy novel (I know ironic).

Koami

Dreamer
I also love fantasy (but. also Sci-Fi).
Though for some reason I can't force myself to like books, it just always annoys me how I don't know how the protagonist looks untill a certain point in the story. I often imagine him/her in a certain way and later I have to change it because the author has finally put in a description...

So yea, I'm more of a comic/manga/movie guy. But I'm also currently trying to write a fantasy novel (I know ironic).
Oh, I watched Sci-Fi when I was younger. But, many years have passed since I last watched it. And yes, I can relate to that, I just make myself think that "the author knows best, these are his/her characters, after all.." That's how I deal with it. I also like comic, manga, and movies, so that's something we have in common. The current story I'm writing, I have a friend who's going to be my illustrator. That way, the story would be kind off like a manga or a comic.

Viorp

Minstrel
Oh, I watched Sci-Fi when I was younger. But, many years have passed since I last watched it. And yes, I can relate to that, I just make myself think that "the author knows best, these are his/her characters, after all.." That's how I deal with it. I also like comic, manga, and movies, so that's something we have in common. The current story I'm writing, I have a friend who's going to be my illustrator. That way, the story would be kind off like a manga or a comic.
Oh, cool.