• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2017!

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
1,209 words today so far. I finished the chapter I was working on. I should start on the next one, but I'm craving a break, so it will have to wait for a bit.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
A little over 4k tonight and I am back on track to reach 100k by the end of the month. I had hoped to go over that but I'm taking it as a win.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
1,750 words. I messed up my planning and had to go attend a birthday party I thought wasn't until tomorrow. Unfortunately, this meant I got less words written than I had hoped. Fortunately, it meant pizza and beer. I'll call it a fair trade.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
Another 3k tonight and I am still on track. Gong to have a late night tomorrow so I might be playing catch up on Thursday but that's what makes it fun!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Family obligations kept me from writing yesterday, and obligations of another sort put a crimp into todays efforts. 400 words, 7600 total, and I'm almost to the point I must stop. Not my worst NaNo, but far from my best.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
Wrote a little over 2k tonight which puts me at just under 5k to write for tomorrow to hit my goal. Lets hope I'm up for it!

On another note, you can see some of my main character's backstory over in the Challenge section under the Mithwright 1 Entry thread. Head on over and vote for your favorite story!!

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Yay I won NaNo! Wooop! Didn't think I would but came out with 50937 total words. The funny thing is, I don't have a finished novel lol. Because I switched projects, the first 10k words belong to my elven romance. Anyway, I've got another 22k words before this novel is finished. Yiisss.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
Yay I won NaNo! Wooop! Didn't think I would but came out with 50937 total words. The funny thing is, I don't have a finished novel lol. Because I switched projects, the first 10k words belong to my elven romance. Anyway, I've got another 22k words before this novel is finished. Yiisss.
Great job!!

Antonius

Scribe
I fell short on my own personal goal in the end but for my first time joining Nano, I'm pretty happy with my effort. Glad I joined this year and plan to continue every year from here.

Looking at what I've written, I'm pretty sure I've created an abomination. That's the best I could describe it, since it doesn't follow the structure of a novel and feels more like written pieces for a massive world building project. The 'story' I had planned out, is spread of over two years and I've barely covered a month in story time.

My plan from here is to reach 50k, aim for 100k by the end of December with the help of a week long holiday break and in January/February edit the first 50k words. Fun times ahead.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I'm not feeling too great tonight, plus I belatedly realized a key plot element was a 'McGuffin.' Hence, I posted my total and called it quits. 8284 words total.

That dratted McGuffin is central to other tales in this same sequence. Whole thing needs some thought. Perhaps 'Reds' are a 'telepathy/telekinetic' drug? Have to mull that one over.

I'm late to the party since I just joined the forum today, but thought I'd chime in!

Last year I did the traditional NaNo thing, started a brand new novel on November 1, and I actually got to 50k in a month. I wasn't that happy with what I had written however, which I think was the combination of the project I had chosen, which was a little ambitious for a first novel, and the fact that I think I needed to take my writing a little slower (I know everyone's different on that front!).

This year I used NaNo to get some serious work done on a novel I started in January. I had about 27k at the start of the month, written from January to October, and I wrote 28k in November. So, I'm pretty happy with the outcome :) I still don't have a complete first draft- I estimate I'll need another 15k to get to the end of my draft, which would bring me to 70k total. So I'm hoping to do a thousand words a day between now and December 15 and get to the end of my draft, then I'll put it take a break from looking at it and hope to start in on a second draft in January or February.