• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Rookie on the loose

Cu Mara

Dreamer
Hello All :)
I have been writing since I was small but have never yet completed a novel. I am finally ready to change that and believe in order to do so, I need to learn all I can from other experts in the field.
My current struggle is that in my head my characters are completely three dimensional with huge personality and dreams. But when I write them, they are flat as a pancake. It is a great injustice to my poor characters and to the plot. I can see the world they live in clear as day, but my descriptions either fall short or feel very corny.
I am ready as a sponge to soak up any advice you all are ready to give :)
Slainte,
Cu Mara

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Cu Mara
Good to have you here
Everyone starts somewhere
There is a lot of stuff that may be interesting to you if you delve around Mythic Scribes
Leap on in and don't be shy!

Rkcapps

Sage
Hi Cu Mara. Welcome! What you're feeling is normal. Unfortunately, the only way to bring your characters to life is to read and write through the learning curve. For the great majority of us! Good luck!

Cu Mara

Dreamer
Hi Cu Mara. Welcome! What you're feeling is normal. Unfortunately, the only way to bring your characters to life is to read and write through the learning curve. For the great majority of us! Good luck!
Thank you!

Thoras

Minstrel
Welcome Cu Mara!
We all have to start somewhere and I'm sure you'll learn a ton here, I sure have.

Rock on!