• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

2018 Writing Resolutions Thread

Thoras

Minstrel
I love setting the bar low for myself. I made one goal which was to work 25 hrs a week on personal projects minimum. Obviously, I'm not going to do this 52 weeks a year because I do want to take vacations. So I gave myself four weeks off in the year where I don't have to hit the target. It's like personal PTO.

My most significant and scariest New Years Goal is to self-publish my Novella that I've been working on for a few months now. I'd like to get it done before the end of March, but I'd be pleased with getting it out there before December 31st.
I also want to publish 125,000 words. Between the novella, blog posts, and short stories. This number seems enormous to me, but I did the math, and I think I can do it.
Lastly, but still equally scary, is I'd like to break 2,000 subscribers to my blog. This target is a stretch goal for me because I have just over 50 as of today. I don't know if this is realistic, but if I hit half that number by the end of the year, I'd be thrilled.

I'd say you set your bar pretty damn high for someone who claims to love setting the bar low :LOL:

Toodamnhigh.jpg

I'd say you set your bar pretty damn high

:oops: You are right Thoras.
On a day to day basis, I try to make my habits easy to achieve. Like I consider an exercise 10 pushups a day. Not a full 60 min gym excursion. And writing every day is equivalent to sitting in front of a screen for an hour a day without looking at a distracting website. I don't get too picky about what project I write on or even my word count. I just find an hour and do some writing. Over time it builds up.

We'll see how far I get on my goals though. It's January and I'm optimistic. I'll check in come March and see where I am with them...