• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello

LadyKas

Dreamer
So hi. Im Lady Kas. I'm a mom and i work a regular job but I'm still a kid at heart. I love anime, fantasy and romance. I love to write and daydream but i tend to get stuck on names and specifics i like keeping my writings as logical as fantasy can possibly be. Like if a journey crosses a distance of 10000 miles it will take longer than a day so i tend to get stuck with how long it would take mythical travel methods to cover a certain distance. So specifics is usually what i get stuck. But i am always lookinh for plot ideas that arent carbon copies of the shows that generated my idea in the first place.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met LadyKas
Good to have you here
Ohh.... Travel times... We've chewed that one over a few times :)
Leap on in and explorer. There is a lot of information to dig out from the old threads, but don't feel shy at leaping when you feel the urge...

LadyKas

Dreamer
Currently ive put together my "world" is 45k miles from its widest points and a "horse" can travel 1000 miles in 16hrs(this is at a comfortable travel pace) and a water vessel can travel 4000 miles in 24 hours( aided more by magic than wind)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Currently ive put together my "world" is 45k miles from its widest points and a "horse" can travel 1000 miles in 16hrs(this is at a comfortable travel pace) and a water vessel can travel 4000 miles in 24 hours( aided more by magic than wind)
I like the flair! You might want to knock a Zero of the end if it was to be at all like the real world. But if it is logical in your world, have at it!

LadyKas

Dreamer
Yea i had fudge it a little. Magic is a great excuse to make things work better. Other wise id have my characters making a fun "trip" that last nearly two months lol

Greetings, LadyKas!

If you make up your own units for measuring distance, and don't equate them to real-world measurements, it might be easier to make your story self-consistent when it comes to determining how long it takes a horse to travel a certain distance compared to a ship, a person on foot, etc., because all you need to know then are the speeds of each means of transport relative to each other, which you can maybe visualize in your head if you can't find the info from researching. Sorry for the long sentence. :)

LadyKas

Dreamer
Thanks i might try that. So it doesnt sound so outrageous our might just have to redo my map. Its a little skewed i guess it was a half auto generated one. I wanted a picture to look at to help with the character attributes and plot lines kinda along the lines of how anient cultures and people developed around their surroundings

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello LadyKas, and you are most Welcome to Mythic Scribes!

That was a very nice personal introduction, thank you. It seems that we may have quite some things in common, so I look forward to see you participating in the Forum conversations and the Chat.

Well, please make yourself at home and explore the site... and in case that you experience any unusual or intriguing dream, please visit me at the Dreamscape Forum.