• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Getting back into Skyrim and Fallout has made me realize how much I missed recording and sharing my vids on youtube. Anyone else here have a gaming channel? I'm currently trying to spruce mine up. :D

Saigonnus

Auror
I recently picked up a PS4. Got Fallout 4 and Call of Duty WWII... both excellent games. Truthfully I really enjoy playing Fallout 4 on Survival mode... it's pretty challenging when you start and only gets moderately easier as you gain experience and get to the nitty-gritty of the game dynamics.

X Equestris

Maester
I've been going through both seasons of Telltale's Batman. The twists on the established mythos are nice, often surprising, and utilizing both Bruce Wayne and Batman in furthering the story is something I don't think has been done in any other games.

Overall, I'd say they're the best Telltale titles since The Walking Dead.

Mytherea

Minstrel
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It's gone and devoured my free time. As part of the download bundle, I got the soundtrack, so it's now my working/writing music, too.

Dragon Age Inquisition, not a perfect game and I can see why someone wouldn't like it but I rather love it!

Also, the PS4 Ratchet and Clank reimagining, love the series, been a fan since I was 8!

raygungoth

Acolyte
Been playing Ark, PSO2, and Fallout 2.

I want to get back into Starbound. I never finished my goal of hand-building an entire planet.

Yora

Maester
I've dug up Settlers II after some 20 years. Still a fun and nice looking game. Though just like all the way back, I lost interest once I got to the level where the enemies begin to attack you first. Somehow it drastically changes the very slow optimal settlement building gameplay.

xkara

Dreamer
I'm sitting on the couch watching my fiancé play Skyrim (on the Switch). I played so much of this game on and off over the years since its release. I wish I was more engaged with the story and lore, because there's so much to explore!

Not a video game, but a board game: I've been collecting the different packs for Hero Realms, a fantasy deck-building card game. It made me realize one reason I like fantasy themed media so much more than sci-fi: I feel that the Fantasy genre tends to focus a little more on characters and individuals, perhaps diverse races (which can be hit or miss for me) and creatures. Hero Realms seems very character focused. You can get a guild mage or a cutthroat street thug on your side. Star Realms, which is created by the same company, is all about collecting ships and bases, which lacks the sort of personality I see so much in Fantasy. In the same strain, I haven't been playing Magic: The Gathering, but my fiancé plays that, and I've started reading the stories for it.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Just got the Curse of the Pharoahs DLC for Assassin's Creed. The scope of this game is truly impressive. And if you get tired of endless battles, Discovery Mode lets you just wander, which is surprisingly interesting in itself.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Just got the Curse of the Pharoahs DLC for Assassin's Creed. The scope of this game is truly impressive. And if you get tired of endless battles, Discovery Mode lets you just wander, which is surprisingly interesting in itself.
I just purchased this DLC myself, although I haven't had an opportunity to play it yet. Thus far Assassin's Creed Origins has not disappointed.

xkara

Dreamer
Interestingly enough, my fiancé and I have a copy of Assassin's Creed: Origins. It doesn't seem to have captured his attention, which is a bummer for me, because I'd really like to watch him play it!