• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Blog posts sending to weird link

Hey just noticed this because I was trying to hop through the blog posts on the main site.

weird_by_azzyfree_art-dc56jgu.png

When I try to click one of the "You may also like:" posts it opens up a weird site link to something called go.shareaholic.com

The page crashes for me at that point. I'm not sure if its maybe some ad hidden in the link or something. But It just seems mighty fishy.

(I'm on a windows desktop, using the chrome browser)

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-7_2-11-47.png
    upload_2018-3-7_2-11-47.png
    618.2 KB · Views: 3

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I'm unable to duplicate the error. Are you still experiencing the problem?

The link to shareaholic.com is nothing to worry about. It's the service that handles shares to social media, and also generates the "You may also like" suggestions. It's perfectly safe.

Oh okay. Yeah it just goes to a blank page every time I click one of the links. With the 'shareaholic.com' link in the address bar.
I tried clearing my cache to see if maybe its an error caused by that but it doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Oh okay. Yeah it just goes to a blank page every time I click one of the links. With the 'shareaholic.com' link in the address bar.
I tried clearing my cache to see if maybe its an error caused by that but it doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Hmm... Do you experience this when trying a different browser? Or is this limited to Chrome?

I opened up internet explorer just to test this out. The "you may also like" bar doesn't appear at all on it.

Microsoft edge- everything works fine on this one. So I guess the problem must be with chrome or maybe an extension I have.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Microsoft edge- everything works fine on this one. So I guess the problem must be with chrome or maybe an extension I have.

Are you running an ad-blocking extension of some kind? If so, it may be mistaking the "you may also like" bar for an ad.