• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

April 2018 Camp NaNo

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Yes, I'm still plugging along with the rewrite of my WIP. But that is almost done.

And the April NaNo is here. I have decided to finish, or try to finish my catastrophic fail from the November NaNo, 'Strange Exit.' 10,000 additional words, give or take.

Anybody else participating?

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
I am! I'm hoping to get the first half of my new novel out of the way. I've estimated it between 110-160k depending on how long my chapters run. Should be interesting to see if I can maintain that pace with two kids instead of one. I drink a lot more coffee now.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
700+ words added tonight. Hard to be more precise as I revised bits and pieces of prior text from the November NaNo disaster prior to writing in earnest. Didn't count the revisions.

Currently, I am approaching the 'Knot' - the point where the disparate characters fates become entangled. I have only the haziest of ideas how to resolve the Knot and not much clearer notions as to the tales resolution. But, knots are made of curves, so I'll write one curve at a time. In other words, for the first time in a long, long while, I'm pantsing it.

doing NaNoWriMo for the first time. Albeit I am bending the concept a bit (my oultiner OCD cannot start a project without a lot of structure in place) I am finding it a great enforcer to keep me writing. Shy of 10k words, which was my initial goal. Will try to go for 20k.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
One short chapter to go. But, I made the WC goal and 'won' NaNo.

Set myself a goal of 10,000 words; wrote 12,093 (about 3k worth in the past few days). Not my best NaNo. But not my worst, either.

I'll wrap up that last chapter tomorrow and move on to other things.