• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What are some of your likes o.O outside of fantasy

Ravana - MMORPGs don't.. BUT RP on AOL is akin to D&D and any table top really... We even have dice systems o_O Oddly enough there's a / command to roll dice on AOL LMAO! then there are bots too in case you forget the / command LOL AOL RP is a hoot... But there's no DM.. you spar, have fun... there's no "quest" or anything unless you make one yourself

Ophiucha

Auror
I would argue how many pen and paper roleplayers actually 'roleplay'. They might use the first person, but few to none I've met will do any sort of legit roleplaying. I guess it used to be more popular to do it that way, but I've been in five or six groups and nobody ever played as their character any more than I am playing as Cloud when I play Final Fantasy VII.

oh we play our chars when we play Earth Dawn.. and on AOL you have absolutely no choice but to actually role play your character.. you have to do everything for her.. I swear each day in RP is like it's own short story if you have the right circle to play with which I do >^.^<

Telcontar

Staff
Ugh. I wanted to play D&D type games for awhile because of roleplaying, too. The only groups I found that played them weren't fun at all. No imagination, they were in it for the stats. Kind of like being a powergamer. Needless to say, I don't play D&D.

I have a char I've played once a Wemic or something... Powerful thing too O.O she's like a centaur only she's ALL lion even the "human" parts are lion like LOL... It's the only reason I made the char cause I'm not a big fan of D&D either... But I do enjoy Earth Dawn.. and AOL RP is like D&D but not in the way of stats and whatnot.. I mean your rolling dice determine your strength not anything else

It's centaur LIKE... the waist up is bi-ped but the features are lion.. the waist down is all lion... my wemic is 600 pounds 15 feet long 7 feet high... I picked the Wemic out of the Forgotten Realms race book or something o_O It had all the kinds of things in Faerun. and I never said she was a centaur.. I said she was LIKE a centaur. Here's a pic of the Wemic in the book... Google Image Result for http://www.gemmaline.com/races/wemic.gif

Like a centaur in build but not cause it's a lion >^.^<

Amorus

Dreamer
Let's see.

Music: I like classic and hard rock and I am extremely attracted to the concept album or technically precise bands alla: Pink Floyd, Rush, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Tool....ect.
I also enjoy jazz and classical as well as musicals.
I also enjoy writing and playing music. That has slowed down a bit and I found writing stories to be a nice creative alternative.

TV....I like sitcoms, Scrubs, Seinfeld, Modern Family, The Middle. I love the Cooking Channel, Food Network, Travel Channel, History and Discovery Channels.

General: Craft beer & beer philosophy.
Wine
Early American History
Gardening
Art

I work in Higher Education and currently I am pursing my MSED degree which takes up a lot of my time. I love doing research and learning about how higher education functions.

Worldbuilder

Dreamer
I used to be a voracious reader of practically anything, but with young kids I now have to do most of my reading in the bathroom or at bedtime, so I mostly read nonfiction because it's easier to pick up and put down. When I do read fiction, it's usually fantasy (of course), historical fiction, or mysteries. I also like the classics - novels, drama, poetry, you name it, though I'm a bit picky about time and country of origin.

I like movies, but am a bit picky about them too. I'm not at all averse to sex and violence, but I don't like them gratuitous, nor do I like crude humor, so that cuts out about 90% of what Hollywood produces right there. :p Favorite movies include Sense and Sensibility (the Emma Thompson one), Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth one), Shakespeare in Love, Gosford Park, My Cousin Vinny, Mean Girls, and Maverick. Curiously, I don't watch a whole lot of fantasy films, though I did love the LotR movies.

I used to watch lots of movies and hardly any TV but since having kids it's much easier to find 40 minutes to sit down than two hours, so now I watch much more tv than film. Past and present favorites include The West Wing, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Queer as Folk, Burn Notice, Battlestar Galactica, Criminal Minds, White Collar, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, and the new Hawaii Five-0

I like music, but am not really into it to the degree a lot of people are. I'm also not much of a gamer, though I like to sit down to Civilization I or Tropico I occasionally (my favorites in high school and college respectively), and not really into sports, except for figure skating, equestrian sports, and the occasional game of soccer or volleyball.

My other interests and hobbies include gardening, hiking, environmental issues, sustainable agriculture, women's rights, politics, history, and cooking.

Last edited: