• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

The viscacha. A real life pikachu. We saw one on t.v. the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes. Absolutely repulsive, lol.
c7cd227a4ed9258ca76affcb9f9413df.jpg

That rabbit is stoned out of its mind.

I love martial arts, but it's gotten to where i dread going days ahead of time.

So before i do Krav i have a general fitness class and the guy who coaches it half the time...well, I have him blocked on facebook, but that's for irrelevant reasons...he has this completely pointless sadistic habit of turning off the fans and air conditioning in the building while we're working out? Certainly a jerk move, and more so since they've told him not to do it and he does anyway. Anyway, it was 96 degrees out once when he decided this was a good idea and i felt like I was about to pass out at the end of class. So there is that. It's literally just too grueling to enjoy now. I used to take pleasure in exercise but now I very nearly loathe it.

Also the curriculum has steadily been moving away from Krav and more into..completely unrelated general martial arts. Including taekwondo forms and things with weapons which i strongly feel are only there so we will have to buy more equipment. I would gladly take a separate class on the other stuff, but the self defense is getting phased out almost. The price of water bottles from the fridge has gone from one dollar to two.

And I hate it because it's a good community! Everyone is amazing except for that one guy and this bratty kid who insists on doing the techniques wrong and starts hitting as hard as possible out of spite if you don't let him have his way. They kinda spoil things sometimes. But everyone else has been so damn supportive.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I'm finally organizing all of my pdf's that are scattered on my computer, but now I'm stumbling across some old writing I thought I lost. What a wonderful sleep-deprived night :D

I've had this scene idea kicking around in my head since I first read Wheel of Time. It's about a soldier from the US getting transported to a fantasy world, US military stuff and all, and interacting with some of the fantasy nobility/royalty there and being totally out of place. But no story can make that work...yet. It just makes me laugh at the thought. Buddy guiding him and giving advice, "It's customary to greet the king how you would greet your ruler."

"Dude," salutes, "this is how I salute my ruler." Stops saluting. "And he ain't even a ruler. More like some dude my people elect and I can say all kinds of crap about him and my head won't be sitting on a pike. Not to mention how I would address him as my commanding officer."

"Just do that. I will explain everything to him. He'll understand."

Walks into court. Salutes and holds it.

"Welcome far-flung traveler, and who are you and from what kingdom do hail from?"

Holding salute, "Sir, I hail from no kingdom, sir. I hail from the United States of America, Los Angeles, California. I am Captain Carl Townsend of the 101st Airborne, sir."

"...you can stop doing that."

Moves to at ease.

"What are you doing."

"Permission to speak freely sir."

"Granted."

"Honestly, I have no idea. I'm not even from this same planet and lost and confused and just want to go home. And, to be honest, your highness, I'm a bit freaked out by the fact you have zombies doing all the menial labor."

"What else would you use a corpse for?"

Could be a fun fish out of water story.

Tom

Istar
I recently bought a new printer and it just told me that there was a "fatal error" during installation. Of course.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
THAT is my favorite part of the movie! It makes me cry from laughter every time I see it, so freaking hilarious.