• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Have the blog, learning how to find similar bloggers?

Gabriella

Dreamer
'Kay I've had the blog up awhile ( Gabriella L. Garlock, HistoReWriter ) and still working on a couple of things 1) author bio. Just...Ack. And 2) be consistent -- how can I be consistent till I know what works?

But my MAIN problem has to do with the advice: to find followers, like and connect with bloggers with similar interests. At least at this stage of my unpublished career.

I have no problem with that, I love reading blogs, gonna have a look at some of yours for fun, already have some others.

But apparently my search skills suck. Is it just a matter of keywords on Wordpress? And don't get me started on how little I know about navigating Twitter!! Search a hashtag, get only names, search without a hashtag, same--what about all this SEO and finding topics within their bio? I can't do it!

I've found the best bloggers just tweeting around, but finding other newbies with similar interests? Still floundering.

Advice? And thanks.

tofit

Dreamer
I'm very interested in what your writing. Would you possibly be able to write for me, I'm trying to build content for my silk store.
Your topic about where you put your head at night was so intriguing that I wished it were silk pillows and silk bed sheets that you were sleeping on. Silk has magic in it, and when your bodies moisture comes in contact with it, it generates a light electrical wave through it. Since your dreams are just electrical currents in your brain, it's safe to imagine that it could have some effect on ones dreams.

I've got 2 more posts and 2 likes before I can post my website on my profile. So give me a like please.

risu

Troubadour
Hey Gabriella! I was poking around the forums and saw your post. (I'm such a terribly inconsistent lurker, I tell you.) I know it's been a few months since you posted this, but I figured I'd throw out what I found helpful for me.

A few years ago, I started posting with the Insecure Writer's Support Group, which is a monthly blog hop. They have a sign-up list, and they recommend visiting other people on the list after you make your monthly post. It's through them that I found many of the bloggers I follow and interact with now. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll scroll through the commentors of blogs I like and click through to blogs I don't recognize to see if they're someone I'd like to follow. Of course, this is across all platforms, not just Wordpress, so if you're looking for only Wordpress blogs, then I don't have a whole lot of helpful information for you. But you can find me at Squirrel Talk by Loni Townsend - Nutty Chitter from a Caffeinated Critter.

Gabriella

Dreamer
Thanks Risu! I recently heard about the blog hops there and wondered how they worked. Your recommendation helps a lot--this was sort of exactly what I was looking for. I will check it out.

Hey Gabriella! I was poking around the forums and saw your post. (I'm such a terribly inconsistent lurker, I tell you.) I know it's been a few months since you posted this, but I figured I'd throw out what I found helpful for me.

A few years ago, I started posting with the Insecure Writer's Support Group, which is a monthly blog hop. They have a sign-up list, and they recommend visiting other people on the list after you make your monthly post. It's through them that I found many of the bloggers I follow and interact with now. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll scroll through the commentors of blogs I like and click through to blogs I don't recognize to see if they're someone I'd like to follow. Of course, this is across all platforms, not just Wordpress, so if you're looking for only Wordpress blogs, then I don't have a whole lot of helpful information for you. But you can find me at Squirrel Talk by Loni Townsend - Nutty Chitter from a Caffeinated Critter.
It sounds like you're using the principle of 'connect with people who share your interests', which is a great thing. You get to connect with people by clicking on their blog posts.

'Kay I've had the blog up awhile ( Gabriella L. Garlock, HistoReWriter ) and still working on a couple of things 1) author bio. Just...Ack. And 2) be consistent -- how can I be consistent till I know what works?

But my MAIN problem has to do with the advice: to find followers, like and connect with bloggers with similar interests. At least at this stage of my unpublished career.

I have no problem with that, I love reading blogs, gonna have a look at some of yours for fun, already have some others.

But apparently my search skills suck. Is it just a matter of keywords on Wordpress? And don't get me started on how little I know about navigating Twitter!! Search a hashtag, get only names, search without a hashtag, same--what about all this SEO and finding topics within their bio? I can't do it!

I've found the best bloggers just tweeting around, but finding other newbies with similar interests? Still floundering.

Advice? And thanks.
I can relate. I'm posting my story on my website through wordpress. I try to fill up the tags with terms that (I think) Google will recognize. The only problem is, 500,000 sites use those tags. Mine is buried in the shuffle, and I don't know how to get my site more visible with google's or jetpack's SEO. I've only had about 750 hits over a few months, and only have 5 followers. Even though I'm happy when someone reads my material, I want to at least try to get more traffic.