• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2018 Word Counts

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Another 700 words tonight. The short story has four sections: the fight, the court scene, the island, and the wrap-up. Right now, I'm just getting into the court scene.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Nothing for yesterday and 1585 for today. This is typically my style though. On the days I work no writing gets done typically, then I word vomit on my days off. Today though, I did a buttload of editing so most of my time was spent on that. Ugh. Tomorrow, I write.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
A thousand words so far tonight. I may do more later. Deep into the 'Court' scene, with give and take between a number of characters.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Got hit with disturbing personal news yesterday that put a major crimp in my writing mojo. A mere 800 words - for yesterday and today combined. STILL on that dratted short story.

Given the nature of the news, I may have to assign writing priorities.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Still sick and putting out negative numbers. Me and November do not get along. But! went to go see Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday... right before our van broke down and we had to spend the night in a hotel. It's all fixed, now, and we're home safe, so I'm hoping to stop hemorrhaging words today.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
1100 words...over the course of two days. Still on that dratted short story, now well over 5k. Done with the 'Court' section, about to move onto the island. This tale should have been wrapped up last weekend. Ugh.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
900 words today. 1300 words yesterday. That wretched short story now tops 8000 words and will almost certainly pass 9000. It's not even all that good. Hardly any twists and way too many characters. Still, might as well finish it.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I had a pretty serious family matter to attend to last week and I lost writing time. Just the way it is. I'm not even feeling like I care much about that, just get back on track. At this point, I'm all scattered and not sure which book I want to write anyway (THOUGHT I did). Anyway, today I'll finally get some time to sit down and work so might be back later with a word count.

Joining into this thread. Started with 67K words from September and October, added 17K in November so far. It's tough to write every day. That little stats graph, it taunts me.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Joining into this thread. Started with 67K words from September and October, added 17K in November so far. It's tough to write every day. That little stats graph, it taunts me.
That little stats graph is actively making fun of me, but I'll show it! I have 1,947 words so far... okay, maybe I'm gonna cry in the corner, now. I really do suck at NaNo. lol

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Long rough day at work. 400 hundred words tonight, 9700 total. Still on that so called short story, which looks like it'll break the 10K mark.

On the other hand, I might get 20-25 K written this month. For me that's pretty good, especially with the way my writing mojo cratered a year ago.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I'm dropping out of NaNo. It's not going to work out this year that I write 50k in the month of November. Honestly, it's timing. I just finished a novel on Halloween where I was pushing 3k per session and now my brain needs rest. Also, the next project is evading me. I need more time for rumination and it'll come to me.

Still cheering all of you on though! I'm back to doing this thing where I write a few opening paragraphs for the various story ideas interesting me to see which one sticks, if any. So...good luck everyone. :D

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Another long annoying day at work. I'm calling tonight's count 500 words, bit hard to tell since it's spread out through the *still* unfinished short story (now a novelette.)

And tomorrow...a bit of a diversion. Going to take the daughter to 'Ballad of Kenai.' Supposed to be pretty good.