• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

TheKillerBs

Maester
I'm more worried about religious revocation of titles by the Umayyad ruler than anything if I should swear fealty. But like I said, in my games the Carolingians usually fracture themselves to hell and over the top of the world, so its me and the Celts in Brittany who goes to fight the Umayyads.
Become powerful enough and the emperor will be bending over backwards to keep you happy and out of factions even if you're an infidel. At least it works for me as the Zoroastrian Duke of Tabriz in the 769 start. If you have Monks and Mystics (I think it's that one, anyway) you can falsely convert to Sunni and create a secret Catholic society and turn the Umayyads into Christians from within.

Gurkhal

Auror
As part of my attempt to get into the 19th century mentality I will now make an attempt to finally finish Ultimate General: Civil War.This is probably the best American Civil War game that I've played a really nice experience. Not flawless, but really good.

Antonius

Scribe
Got a new PC lately so I tried out Black Desert - which is meh. Played a bit of Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 with some mods. But no new games have really caught my eyes yet.

X Equestris

Maester
Got back into the Total War series lately. Currently playing a Baktria campaign. Easy enough so far, since most of my Eastern or Nomadic neighbors can't match Baktria's lovely hybrid roster.

The only real issue I've had is dynasty wise. My king must be on his sixth wife by now; they keep dying of "natural causes" before they can have any children. At least my prince hasn't had that issue. Still, I'm a little worried about how thin my royal family is.

Destiny II.

Lots of it. ... I really dig how grinding doesn't feel like grinding, and that the story is much less a derpy military shooter, and much more of a "space opera".

Been a while since I put anything up in here. Running about four games right now. Blood Bowl 2, Jurassic World Evolution, Fallout 4 and Inquisition Martyr. Finally got an Xbox One, so putting it to use.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
OK, time to confess. I've been playing Minecraft (PS4). I'm enjoying this way more than I imagined I would. It's a zen-like experience, requiring a fairly even level of attention and concentration, even when bad guys pop up. I've been trying to figure out why I enjoy it and I think it comes to this: persistence. In Minecraft, I can build things and they stay built. I can go from modest to large to grandiose and there's no penalty for being slow or starting things only to abandon them.

Even the fighting part is occasional enough and simple enough, it doesn't require much thought. No combo moves to learn.

Also, even though I love story-driven games, I'm enjoying this because there's no story line. I can drop in, drop out for any length of time without any loss of momentum or involvement. Just now, when I'm being pushed by a writing deadline, that's welcome.

So, yeah. I play Minecraft. Wutsittoya?

Saigonnus

Auror
I too have been multitasking at games. Mostly due to the wife’s exasperation at my beating games fairly quickly. If it gives you any idea, I got Call of Duty WWII when it came out and within 3 days, had beaten all of the missions... so I am taking my time with No Man’s Sky, Fallout 4, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Just picked up Sims 4 for fun.

Gurkhal

Auror
More 19th and early 20th century settings for games here. I've picked up a suggestion I got about a year ago and have thus started playing the multiplayer (although I only play private matches ;)) FPS "Tannanberg" set on the eastern front in the Great War.

I started out pretty abysmal but am now improving in both tactics and markmanship in my service to the Tsar. :D

LordWarGod

Dreamer
L4D2 mostly. Used to play WoW but since retail is garbage I've quit and I can't find any alternate private servers to play on. L4D2 is insanely fun though, tons of replayability value in it and it has some wild stuff going on.

Antonius

Scribe
Started playing FFXIV in December. I'm a bit late to the party and there's so much to do that I've never feel bored. Only bad thing, is my internet - the lag is terrible in dungeons and raids!

I've been playing Fallout 4. I'd never played any of the Fallout games, and my impression before was "meh." But I'm really enjoying it. My biggest gripe is only that it's very time consuming. Can't accomplish much in only a few hours of play, so I end up playing even longer...

X Equestris

Maester
Finished the main story of Red Dead Redemption 2 over the weekend, though I'm still working my way through the epilogue. It packs as much emotional punch as the first one did. Easily one of my top five games of all time.

The World Ends With You.

I'm determined to finish it, which will probably take a long time since I've been level grinding and pin grinding just because I can.

Started up on Styx: Shards of Darkness. Assassins Creed mixed with a bit of Dishonored. And with a goblin as the main character. A bit of a challenge, least for me.

A bumpity bump. Playing a bit of Borderlands 2 and soon a restart into Saints Row 3 for a three day weekend. With the occasional trip back to the island chain full of dinosaurs that I set loose deliberately.

Gurkhal

Auror
I'm playing Imperator: Rome and have a pretty good time as Macedonia smacking up various people in Anatolia, most importantly the empires left by the Antipatrid empire after having secure most of Greece and parts of the southern Balkans.

Hopefully I'll also get to fight a war against the Romans to see how good my phalanx really is, but there's plenty of time before that.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I'm playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. It's different, but very good. There's no in-game UI, but there are voices in your head constantly talking, and sometimes the things they say are actually helpful advice, and other times it's just nonsense.