• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A nerd in "normie" clothing! =D

Hi all!

I signed up a few months ago, and FINALLY got around to being active and using the site. I'm hoping to meet fellow writers here, having some useful discussions about the process, vege out on world-building topics, and contribute some content! ^_^

My name is Matt, and I'm from Minneapolis, MN. ... Early 30's, but I've been dabbling in writing since I was in high school and am currently 85,000+ words into my dark heroic fantasy/thriller/crime noir manuscript.

I'm a big Dungeons and Dragons nerd (1e, 2e, 5e), and aside from playing in multiple sessions, am an Adventurers League and Homebrew DM (I love running Waterdeep: Dragon Heist). ...

I've played other table-top games like Call of Cthulu, Gaslight, Starfinder, Alternity: Starcraft Edition, Everyone is John, etc., and am also a big fan of board games like the Pandemic Series, Betrayal at House on the Hill Series, Dead of Winter, Root, Joking Hazard, etc.

(Fantasy Flight Games is HQ'd here, and I chill at their game center frequently!)

I'm also a local con-goer. CONvergence, 2D Con, Springcon, etc. ... looking to expand my horizons and go further out from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

I also haz a blog! ... Will be sure to come back and post it here once I meet the pre-requisites.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, or want to connect!

Happy hunting, happy writing!

Matthew
Chaotican Writer

So, a hello before Cup of Joe get's in here. Former fellow Minnesotan here, but I live in North Carolina now. Because honestly, f*** the cold. Welcome to the Scribbles and feel free to join the chat we have too. Have to plug for it.

So, a hello before Cup of Joe get's in here. Former fellow Minnesotan here, but I live in North Carolina now. Because honestly, f*** the cold. Welcome to the Scribbles and feel free to join the chat we have too. Have to plug for it.

Nice! ... And where's the lie? It's a unnatural land that alternates between horrible muggy sun surface and frozen tundra. The only thing that holds the place together is the sating of the old gods via the chanting of Lutherans replying "And also with you!"

I appreciate the hello! ... I will check out all of the things!

I thought the only thing holding it together was y'all from the Twin Cities coming up to my former neck of the woods for the walleye. :p

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met ChaoticanWriter
Good to have you here.
Sorry for the tardy response.
I will try harder next time.

Wiglaf

Dreamer
Greetings from the UK, Matt.

85,000 words is a goodly chunk! Looking forward to seeing some of your work.