• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My attempt to prevent writers block.

Darwin

Dreamer
Hello everyone, I'm Darwin. For awhile now I've been trying my hand at fantasy writing, but I've always encountered that dreaded enemy WRITER'S BLOCK. (dun-dun-dun) It had gotten so bad that I had wasn't able to add anything significant for extended periods of time and just quit from discouragement.

But now, I've gotten together everything from all of those other attempts and have decided to create something from that. Hopefully, with the help of a community of other writers I cna keep on track. Because let's be honest, there's only so much you can ask your friends and family to look over. So with that said, thanks for letting me in and I hope to get to know you all soon.

-Darwin

Klee Shay

Troubadour
If we all lived in the same neighborhood, on the same street . . . would that be considered a writer's block?

Welcome.

Plow through that wall!

I started my trilogy in 2005, then put it down for two whole years, only to pick it back up. I feel that writer's block is good sometimes. It means your well is dry, and you need to step away. No use trying to wring blood from a stone.

Last edited:
Good evening Mr Darwin, close the door behind you. However far writer's block has pursued you hither, it cannot penetrate the comforting haven that is . . . the Scribes. So come traveller, lay your troubles at the door and find peace and inspiration here awhile.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and welcome, good sir. We've all had troubles with writer's block. Myself, I like to corner the little bugger, make him sweat, then pistol-whip him. It's effective and cathartic.

Reaver

Staff
Hello & Welcome to the Scriptorium, Darwin. Now that you've made enough posts, your free to post your WIP (or anything like it) in the Showcase Forum. You need only ask and you'll receive critiques, reviews, tips and other advice from many of our wonderfully talented and extremely helpful members.

I encourage you to explore this place, post in the threads that interest you and to participate in our Challenges Forum...

I guarantee that once you start, you'll quickly discover that this is the greatest site on the net for all things fantasy & sci-fi!:D