• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Anyone want to be an "alpha" reader?

Steve H

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post as I'm new here and to writing in general. I have always been an avid reader though so like many people I've decided to try my hand at writing something.

Basically what I'm looking for is someone to read the story and give me their thoughts in general. I have about 18,000 words right now and I just want someone who is into the fantasy genre of books to read it and let me know what they think about the story so far.

It is basically a story about magic returning to the world with a hint of LitRPG in it. That's the main thing I'm interested in thoughts about. What kind of job have I done setting the LitRPG element up without making it a literary video game?

Anyway anyone is interested I would be happy to send it in pdf format.

Thanks.

Steve H.

summondice

Scribe
Sure, shoot me a pm and I'll have a go at it . I'm between editing gigs right now and really craving something to sink my teeth into.

That said: Warning, I'm a professional developmental and a sometimes line editor and writing coach. A nice one, but punches may feel hard regardless :)

If you still want another pair of eyes, I would absolutely be down. Also will be critical, but honest and chill. Been a minute since I've done this kind of work, so I could use some of that in my world!