• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings all...

My name is Geoff. I'm retiring soon after nearly 28 years as a State Trooper. I'm seriously considering starting a writing career. Any advice from veteran writers or other beginners will be greatly appreciated.
I've always loved the fantasy genre since I was a pre-teen, now in my 50's. I love to read, and love books. I will confess that I am not much on the ebooks; although, I have nothing against them and see the shift toward that market. There's just something about holding a book in your hands and turning the pages.
The process and discipline of writing fascinates me. I'm looking forward to making new friends and contacts.

LeeannMor4

Acolyte
Totally agree about ebooks. They're not bad, and I find myself reading online a lot more these days, but I do prefer an actual book :D Best of luck in this new chapter of life! I wish you all the best!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Geoff Borlinghaus
Good to have you here.
Fellow Bibliophile here. I love e-books for some things [like textbooks or when I'm travelling]. For fiction, I like a nice crisp hardback and a leather bookmark!

Hail and well met Geoff Borlinghaus
Good to have you here.
Fellow Bibliophile here. I love e-books for some things [like textbooks or when I'm travelling]. For fiction, I like a nice crisp hardback and a leather bookmark!

Thanks for the nice welcome Joe. I'm just starting, and haven't participated in an online group like this, so it will be interesting to be involved in. I saw that you were from the UK. Hope all is well there and you are staying warm... maybe with an extra cup of joe.