• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi from Perth, Aus!

RKM

Acolyte
Hi guys!

I want to be a writer. But I will admit there are a number of things I dislike about the writing process...

Namely writing.

Usually when I don't like doing something it's because I'm bad at it. So I guess I'm here to learn from others and no doubt feel less alone in this process.

It's not all doom and gloom though. I do believe I have a great imagination for plot and characterisation which I hope will be a good enough starting block to build from.

Anyway, figured I would post here and begin my journey to becoming a "Mythic Scribe" haha. 3999 to go!

See you in the other forums :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met RKM
Good to have you here. Leap on in and enjoy the wild ride that is Mythic Scribes!
Okay that maybe over-selling it a bit, but this is a good place to learn, share and just generally hang out.
I have my moments of hating writing, usually when what I've written is not as good as what I want to read...

Reactions: RKM

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
In the fitness world there's a concept called "beginner's gains", which refers to a novice's ability to grow muscle at a far faster rate than those with experience. With no science to back me up, I say the same goes for writing. Write your heart out and you will see rapid improvement.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Seems to me... Writing your heart out could lead to becoming a liche, or other undead.

Welcome to MS, where the white-page ghouls dwell. I recently tried to convince my wife to move to Australia because my book was doing well down under... too many snakes and crocs for her taste. I’d love to visit, but after 2 flights back and forth from China, I’ve determined flying that far sucks.