• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings Mythic Scribes

Azeroth

Dreamer
Hello everybody!

I am Azeroth and I hail from the land down under.

All of my life I have enjoyed reading books in various categories, notably fantasy, horror, sci-fi. I also enjoy some non-fiction works, particularly history and philosophy.

As a kid I was quite "advanced" in English, and often wrote stories in my spare time (though like the idiot I am, I never kept them).

As I grew older, I got complacent and never kept working on that writing muscle regularly, which has resulted in massive periods of writer's block.

This year, I hope to change that. I feel like there is something missing in my life, and I believe it's my writing. Only yesterday I started from scratch and jotted down some lore notes for a fantasy book series I have been thinking about. Doing this made me feel a lot better, like I had achieved something (even if it was just one small thing).

I have arrived at Mythic Scribes hoping this writing community can inspire me and keep me on track. I have a tendency to abandon my projects and wipe them off my hard drive never to be seen again.

My "dream" is to write an epic series in the vain of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. I have been on and off reading that series, and hope to have completed the saga in its entirety by the end of the year. I am only up to book five. Happy days.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Azeroth
Good to have you here.
Exercise of any kind can be good for you. Writing no less so.
I'm lousy at exercising of any kind...
This is a great place to learn and share.

Azeroth

Dreamer
Physical exercise can be a challenge when you have so many other better things to do, such as gaming or reading.

I try to tie it into something remotely enjoyable, i.e taking the dog for a walk. In my younger years I did a lot of bodyboarding, I lived in a seaside tourist village known for its surfing.

It was actually after taking the dog for a stroll that I finally came up with something viable to put down on a document, kickstarting this journey of writing again. Highly recommended for anybody who suffers from writer's block. I think the trick is, the exercise is so mind numbing it gives you time to play within your imagination.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
It is swimming and cycling for me. Just enough concentration to let the mind wander and wonder. Haven't worked out how to make notes while swimming...
Haven't tried any type of boarding. The sea isn't clear enough for me to risk getting into it...