• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

DFWriterX

Dreamer
I like to listen to old rock music as well as recent R&B, pop songs from both the UK AND USA. I listen to songs mixed on my mp3 player and sometimes they inspire me with ideas to write in my stories - sometimes I wish idly that I could sing or song write lol

Sometimes I like tlisten to Kpop as well. My favourite KPOP artists are BTS, EXO, Super Junior and SHINee. :)

D. Gray Warrior

Troubadour
I primarily listen to trance and other EDM genres, but I also like ska and alternative rock, for when I want to change it up. I really like Gorillaz.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I'm likely late to the party, but I've been overdosing on L'Imperatrice. These people just sound too smooth.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I find that the stuff I listen to is not really the most exciting. When I need to be in my writing place, the stuff I put on is mostly to block out the rest of the world and keep me from distractions....so, I tend to listen to stuff on a loop, over and over again, so that even it plays and I am not really paying attention to it. Been a long time since I had a real writing spot. Maybe if I had one, I would have a better play list.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Cool stuff, reminds me a little of this. It's not quite as "battle" as the above, but the sound is similar.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I like to pretend he's singing about Alaska. :D No offense, West Virginians. It's a beautiful state and all but....lol

Tom

Istar
I like to pretend he's singing about Alaska. :D No offense, West Virginians. It's a beautiful state and all but....lol
For some reason recently I've been playing this song a lot when I write. Personally, I like to pretend he's singing about the Adirondack Mountains here in New York. Although with all the lakes it can't really be called "stranger to blue water".

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Time for Some Retro Spanish Music!

The following song is called Tómame o Déjame, created by Cantabrian Composer Juan Carlos Calderón and first performed by the successful Spanish band Mocedades, back in 1974. I am not sure if you English speakers are familiar with Mocedades songs, but they are quite a classic in the Spanish-speaking world.

This one in particular brings strong childhood memories to me, since it was one of my father's favorites and he would sometimes sing it during family gatherings, with a glass of Scotch in his hand. The song is very sad, since it's all about a woman that feels awful because she knows that her husband is cheating on her, and at least in my experience the voice, music and lyrics transmit the sadness really well.

Even today in 2019, plenty of people in Spanish-speaking countries keep crying with this song.