• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What could a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Maximum7

Dreamer
I decided to go with a quark star. It’s better than a black hole because we don’t even know if they exist. Perfect for expansion However, I still need something for him to be working on before he deals with the quark star. I’m looking not for a gadget or piece of tech. I’ve decided everything technological that we can think of, can be done. Speeders with deflector shields? Sure. We haven’t seen them but they can easily be done. I’m looking for something that would still be an emerging field of science. Something a Type II/III civilization would do next.

Maximum7

Dreamer
I’m making one last round on all the forums I posted on. I’m looking for something highly advanced.

Maximum7

Dreamer
For my story, my scientist is studying sub-Hyperspace, the dimension in which quintessence can be turned into Phantom Energy and then travel to destroy star systems in real time. This is how Starkiller Base fires it’s weapon after draining a sun. (I’m sure Disney will explore it more in due time). However, in the mean time; I wonder what other things my scientist can study about it. Applications I’ve considered would be a sub-hyperdrive which would allow for instantaneous travel like Star Trek: Discovery’s Spore Drive. It also could be used for instant communications. Good stuff but too much of a gamechanger to tinker with. What else could my scientist be studying about sub-hyperspace?

Ragkuun

You want a fresh idea but are unwilling to take the time to think of one.. You don't like anyone else's ideas.. The ideas you do like, you critic and psycho-analyze until you dislike them. It is Sci-Fi. I doubt you are going to come up with something entirely original, nor will you find something that has never been done before. The Star Wars EU and Legends is huge.. As is the Sci-Fi realm in general. I kind of think you are hopeless here..

Maximum7

Dreamer
You want a fresh idea but are unwilling to take the time to think of one.. You don't like anyone else's ideas.. The ideas you do like, you critic and psycho-analyze until you dislike them. It is Sci-Fi. I doubt you are going to come up with something entirely original, nor will you find something that has never been done before. The Star Wars EU and Legends is huge.. As is the Sci-Fi realm in general. I kind of think you are hopeless here..

Yeah you’re probably right. I need to cool down a bit and focus on the story.