• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Trail of Pyres: Sundering the Gods Book Two

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Alrightee folks! Here is the almost official cover for Trail of Pyres, Sundering the Gods Book Two. No, not my work, but my concept after going back and forth with the designer, LOL. The folks at Damonza.com get credit for the work. What I really like is how we got it looking like a "series". So, I stuck in Eve of Snows cover as well.

Trail of Pyre 2.jpg
Eve of Snows - eBook small.jpg

Ned Marcus

Maester
They look really great!

How closely did you work with Damonza to get these? I mean, did you tell them exactly what you wanted or how did it work? I'm asking because I may be looking for new covers for my series later this year.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Eve of Snows I gave them a couple basic ideas I was kicking around in my head and got I think it was 4 concepts back. Then I had them blend two of the concepts, taking the robed girl from one and the castle from another, and whatnot. There was one more step forward in detail that just didn't work, so I had them step it back.

Trail of Pyres I gave them a pretty specific idea so I only got a couple concepts back and I didn't love either, but that was in part my failing. So, I told them what elements to keep, shot them a photo of a blood moon, and said, I want Fire, a castle in the background, and use this blood moon for coloring inspiration... oh, and maybe most important, I want it mirroring Eve of Snows to make it look like a series despite the color and other differences.

It didn't take long with that info and I was down to nitpicking text color and size, and how it pops in B&W and thumbnail.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Oh and I must say, when I finally got around to Eve of Snows in Hardback? Damn, the cover is sweet. I’d gotten so used to ebooks and the paperback I’d forgotten why I love hardbacks... so perty, and the feel, even when the interior pages are the same size as the paperback. Yeah, it’s an illness.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Available now! LOL. I had a real fun (read as: pain in the ass) dropbox scrivener issuer that managed to butcher a bunch of editing, but I think it’s mostly straightened out now, LOL.