• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Looking for a Good Book Binder/Restorer

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
We have a friend of my father-in-law's who is looking for have an old book rebound or restored. Does anyone know of any good, reasonably priced (but not cheap) book binders that you might recommend in the US or Canada? Thank you so much!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I once had a book rebound at a place here in DC. It was about $300, but I was amazed at the job they did. I would not have thought it possible but they even repaired damaged pages. I've not had a book I would want to repair in that way since, but if I did, I would look them up again. I doubt however that you would want a place way over here when there is probably one more local.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
DC is perfectly acceptable, if you can remember the name of the repair shop. I think this gentleman is based in Kansas City but has no issues with shipping the book if need be. He's looking for recommendations, rather than wanting to take a risk on just Google searching a shop at random.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
So... when I was much younger, I worked for Bloomberg in DC. I pretty much worked all over the city, and I had the opportunity to see a lot of store fronts and in particular those in the NW portion of the city. But that was 20 years ago. I don't remember the exact company I used, mostly that it was located on or around 18th street. I had walked in off the street. After so much time, it could be the company is just not around anymore. I don't know.

This place is on 19th street, and looks highly credible. It could very likely have been this place, it is in the right area. The pictures of the inside don't look how I remember but that was very long ago. Hope that helps.

Book Arts - Fine Bookbinding Services

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Thank you so much for trying! I'll turn the information over to my wife, who's a better researcher than I am. :D

If anyone else has any recommendations I'm all ears.