• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Discussion: New Rankings for Post Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Greetings Scribes!

After a great deal of discussion, Black Dragon has asked me to collect community input on proposed changes to the title system displayed underneath each person's avatar.

The Rankings System right now is here:

Ranking-Sytem.png

The current new brainstorm of this system is below:

1- Acolyte
2- Dreamer
3- Scribbler

4- Lore Keeper
5- Sage
6- Maester

7- Inkling
8- Archmage
9- Auror

10- Dark Lord
11- Inkmancer
12- Istari

13- Myth Weaver

What do all of you think? Are there any jarring inclusions, glaring omissions, or great proposals you'd like to suggest? Overall are you onboard with this proposal, or would you keep the current list, or would you rather see something altogether different?

Let us know!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
My only note would be that the titles are gender neutral [or look like they are] save for Dark Lord.
Other than that, I don't have strong feelings either way.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
My only note would be that the titles are gender neutral [or look like they are] save for Dark Lord.
Other than that, I don't have strong feelings either way.

I'd be interested to hear if any of our female members think it's important in this instance. The new list is a little more gender neutral than the first one, which included Journeyman and multiples uses of both Master and Lord. To be honest that wasn't something we were actively thinking about. I think the goal was to be less generic and show more personality with the rankings.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I am indifferent. I don't know what they are now. I would be okay with losing Dark Lord, as I don't really see myself as a dark lord, but whatever...

I want to be Fiery Keeper of the Hat. Who do I kill to get...I mean, how do I get that one?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I'm just going to bump this. Come on, we can do the crowd-sourcing thing, right?

Firefly

Troubadour
As a female, I feel totally fine being a Dark Lord. That might be my favorite one, actually.

I think I prefer the old/current set of titles for the most part, they feel more like they build on each other, but I do like Sage and Archmage. The only one I might change is Mythic Scribe, it seems a bit underwhelming compared to the ones leading up to it seeing as everyone's sort of already a scribe.

Do what you like though :) You guys are the ones in charge.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Thanks Firefly. :)

And you make a good point for the current list. The progression is pretty clear and straight forward. But most of the time you don't view it as a list. People just spend months with the title "Master" or "Mystagogue." I know it's not the most exciting change in the world, but hopefully we can add a touch more personality to them.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
1- Acolyte
2- Dreamer
3- Scribbler

4-Troubador
5- Minstrel
6- Maester

7-Lore Keeper
8- Sage
9- Savant

10- Inkweaver
11- Inkmancer
12- Ink Lord

13- Myth Weaver
14- Myth Forger
15- Myth Lord (or Myth Master)

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Ankari, I could see using Troubadour and Minstrel. I really don't like Savant. As a Game of Thrones reference, Maester would be higher. Inkling was a reference to the Tolkein and C.S. Lewis group; I personally could do without the other ink-references, including Inkmancer, which was on the list I had posted. Also keeping Dark Lord and Istar(i) is about holding some continuity with the old list.

What about:

1 - Acolyte
2 - Dreamer
3 - Scribbler

4 - Minstrel
5 - Troubadour
6 - Sage

7 - Inkling
8 - Maester
9 - Archmage

10 - Auror
11 - Dark Lord
12 - Istar

13- Myth Weaver

This cuts Lore Keeper and Inkmancer from the OP to make room for Troubadour and Minstrel, which hopefully does more to offer that sense of advancement early on.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts thus far. Please keep the feedback coming.

We will close this discussion on Tuesday, May 21. So if you have an opinion on this potential change, please let us know before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.