• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Discussion: New Rankings for Post Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned Marcus

Maester
Please drop 'Scribbler.' I can't imagine many people being comfortable with being labelled as a scribbler. And I'm not sure about Maester either. To be honest, I quite like most of the existing ones. I have no idea what an Istar is.

Myth Weaver sounds cool.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I've never thought much about the rankings and have no sense of the hierarchy. If I'm wondering whether a person is a noob or an ancient, I just look at the numbers. Between comments, likes, and trophies, I get a fairly good idea of where they stand as a member of the community.

I'll be content with whatever changes are made or unmade.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Please drop 'Scribbler.' I can't imagine many people being comfortable with being labelled as a scribbler. And I'm not sure about Maester either. To be honest, I quite like most of the existing ones. I have no idea what an Istar is.

Myth Weaver sounds cool.

Scribbler can be turned into scribe. I personally like maester. I think a Martin reference is deserved.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I personally like Scribbler. But we could change it to maybe Folklorist, which would go with Minstrel and Troubadour, if that's what people want.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, I have given this some thought.... I think a theme is important and it seems the power that be want to use titles from well known fantasy works. I don't feel I know enough fantasy titles and how they fit together without doing a bit of work so, I will pass on that to someone more motivated. I also did not know what an Istari was. They appear to be a set of wizards or mystic helpers in LOTR.

I would suggest that posts in a forum do not equate to any skill at writing in particular, so I would try a forum related theme, one appears below:

Forum Boarder

Newb
Amateur
Pro
Master
Sage
Scribe
Mythic Scribe

Wiritng Theme

Novice
Journeyman
Ink Spiller
Scribe
Poet
Skald
Master
Scribe Laureate
Mythic Scribe

Mythic Scribes Theme:

Acolyte
Apprentice
Journeyman
Scribe
Master
Poet
writer
Mystagogue
Grand Master
Scribal Lord
Sage
Istari
Mythic Scribe

Though, to be honest, I don't feel a need to change these, and if they do change, I be fine with whatever it is. I favor the ones that already have a site feel to them. I don't like shadow lord and dark lord as they have not much to do with the other titles, and I am not a fan of maester, but ill be happy to look at it when I am at Mythic scribe and looking back ;) I do think the last one should be mythic scribe though.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Thanks for the suggestions pmmg.

I could see Novice, Scribe, Poet and Scald. Scribe Laureate might be pushing it, but I'm not sure. I can't imagine using Newb, Amateur and Pro. Pro, especially, refers to a writer who's making money at it. That's not a title I think we can hand out for fun.

We'll see what others think.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
If anyone has any last minute feedback on this now would be the time. As Black Dragon posted earlier, we're hoping to close the discussion by tomorrow morning and make a final decision soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.