• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Outlander

Wife turned on the show Outlander, 'tis on Netflix now. And, much like other shows before it, I have an uncanny ability to look up from my computer to see sex sex and more sex.

I blame netflix.

Okay, but think about the ethical implications of this show. You're sent back to a different time, through no intentional fault of your own, and you know that anything you do can mess up the timeline. Did you kill a guy that would be Churchill's progenitor? You don't know.

Then, supposing this is important to you, are you still married to your hubby or...not? Time travel is too confusing.

Gray-Hand

Minstrel
That is raised as an important plot point in the story as the 18th century villain is the ancestor of heroine’s 20th century husband (both played by Tobias Menzies).

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Fantasy time travel is not SF time travel. I don't expect it to make sense. At all. I also don't have much patience with it.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
I watched the first series and thought it nice enough but it seemed to come to a natural end and then reboot to get to series 2.
I didn't like it enough to want to watch series 1 redux.
I wasn't all that fond of the sex either. I didn't mind it but, my imagination is usually more creative than anything they can or will show.
It was the sex and violence together that got me. Claims to be "realistic" [for me] just show off the hangs ups of those that make the show.

Side note: I tried my Scottish accent on my wife, but I sound more like Groundskeeper Willie than anything. It...did not go as I would have hoped.