• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Camp NaNo July 2019

Anyone thinking of committing to writing for Camp NaNo this July?
What have we got - just under six weeks to go I think. So plenty of time for preparation if you're considering a substantial writing project.
I'm tempted..

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
been thinking about it. priority, though, is finishing the rewrite of the WIP.

Past few years, with all the big rewrites, I've used the NaNo months for smaller projects, ones I might actually finish in the given time frame. This time around, prospective candidates include...

'Innsmouth - Not' - a Lovecraftian short story (I hope its a short story)

'Clone Detective' - horrible working title for a detective tale set in a strange city on an eldritch world. (first longer tale set in that world)

'Coyote Magic' - set in A E Lowan's universe, mostly in the southwest instead of Seahaven. I really, really should not write this tale...

Mythopoet

Auror
I'm doing Camp and having a hard time finding a suitable cabin. Since I've got 5 kids home for the summer, writing is extra hard at this time, so my goal isn't word count based. My goal is just striving to dedicate an hour everyday to world building. If I can get in the habit, and keep it up for the summer, I think I'll have a very strong foundation to write from when my kids go back to school.

Tom

Istar
Oops, today's the first day. Does anyone have a cabin set up that I could join? I completely forgot to check.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I'm still plugging away at the rewrite of the current WIP. That, alas, takes priority over NaNo - though, if by some miracle I get that wrapped up before months end...

Tom

Istar
Oops, today's the first day. Does anyone have a cabin set up that I could join? I completely forgot to check.
I just made a private cabin if anyone is interested. Just post your NaNo username and I'll add you (I'm @tenebrism over there).