• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A re-introduction

Magicat

Scribe
Hallo everyone. I'm re-introducing myself after a 4-year break, in which time I have moved house to a totally new area, overseen the refurbishment of said house with my husband, been to 5 funerals in 9 months (including my mother-in-law, )got stuck into the new community, travelled quite a bit - in other words been almost totally distracted from writing. The exception was joining a fledgling writing group in our village (no-one interested in fantasy) and rapidly writing 2 short stories for a village writing competition. The non-fantastical one was chosen for publication . . .
I aim to get back into the swing probably gradually. I've progressed my 2 main Big Ideas a bit, basically by working more and more on back-stories, which poses the question - where do I start?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met [agian] Magicat
Good to have you back here.
I've been to two funerals in a year and that was more than enough for me. 5, I don't know how I, you or anyone would cope.
Well, you know the place, so there is no hard sell.
The bar menu now had buffalo wings, made from real Buffalos.

Hello Magicat!

Welcome (back) and may this site offer you a respite from the mountain you've had to face of late. Congrats on the publication!
The aforementioned wings are quite good. . . but I lean towards the Buffalo mozzarella salad.

Magicat

Scribe
Hail and well-met [agian] Magicat
Good to have you back here.
I've been to two funerals in a year and that was more than enough for me. 5, I don't know how I, you or anyone would cope.
Well, you know the place, so there is no hard sell.
The bar menu now had buffalo wings, made from real Buffalos.
Thank you, Maker of Things
May the Buffalo wings
Take you higher and higher
To where you aspire.

As you can tell, poetry is far from my best genre - I'd better avoid bards in my tales!

Magicat

Scribe
Hello Magicat!

Welcome (back) and may this site offer you a respite from the mountain you've had to face of late. Congrats on the publication!
The aforementioned wings are quite good. . . but I lean towards the Buffalo mozzarella salad.
My apologies, Maker of Things, I addressed my piece of doggerel to the wrong person. Thank you for your kind words - the the recommendation for the salad. It's nice to be back.

Hello Magicat,
Hopefully the four years has given you time to regenerate some good ideas you can use to write some great things. Congrats on the publication also.

Magicat

Scribe
Hello Magicat,
Hopefully the four years has given you time to regenerate some good ideas you can use to write some great things. Congrats on the publication also.
Thank you, William. I have many ideas floating around my head, I now hope for the chance to develop at least one!