• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

what are you doing

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Discovered that I can find neither pants nor my keys. I only have time to search for one. Which is better to leave the house without?

Jess A

Archmage
Sitting here true to my username and scowling in fury.

I don't have a car at the moment, so I have to rely on public transport and taxis until I get one (thankfully within the next few months). I waited an hour for a taxi. I live and work in a busy, large suburb. It should not happen. I have worked all day and I am exhausted.

Now I am preparing to have a nice cold beer and watch a DVD.

Kelise

Maester
Reading Dune for the first time. Long overdue, I know. I confess I was hesitant to start it in case I may not love it, but thankfully I'm finding it utterly awesome 20 pages in. All thanks to the book club I'm in: Fiction Book Club

Xanados

Maester
I have been spending my days doing some "daily" writing exercises on my blog. I'm also finishing up Sanderson's Elantris.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Sewing the threads of my latest creation and trying to decipher Nine Inch Nails lyrics by ear. I don't believe Mister Reznor is telling me anything wholesome.

Muqtada

Scribe
Thankful that even though my internet was 'disconnected' four days ago, it still appears to be working... using the opportunity to listen to as much Streelight Manifesto as possible, in case I soon lose the privilege.

Sparkie

Auror
Right now I'm seething. My Research thread was ninja'd. Ninja'd!!!

It's important to me, dammit! I need some questions answered!

I'm also counting MS members. Fifteen more and we hit 1,000 members!

Muqtada

Scribe
Putting off writing a lab report draft on cellular respiration by daydreaming of getting published :)
Listening to Debussy, if it helps

Argentum

Troubadour
Sitting here at work hoping not to edit any more book reports today. Trying to distract myself until work ends. Could use some chocolate.

Enjoying a break from my trilogy.

After finishing the first major edit of Book II and ordering a proof, I've spent time playing games, going on walks, going to movies, reading, watching documentaries. Need to re-charge the brain.

And as a nifty benefit, my dreams are finally taking place in our universe, as opposed to the one I created for my books. It was getting to a point there, when I was waking up and the very first thought on my mind was something about my world or book, that I wasn't enjoying it. Breaks are good.

Next week, back to the inkwell.

Study breaking, setting up my new lappie!!! We got a deal on a 17 inch Toshiba. It's huge compared to the little 15 incher I'm used to using... However it is much easier on the eyes and super freaking fast. Not a bad deal for just under 400$ I can't wait to write on this bad bay. Hehehehe :playfull:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I just finished doing a major server upgrade, following a bad crash yesterday!

But with the upgrade, the server should be as fast as ever - and significantly more stable. Constant upgrades become necessary when a site is growing fast like Mythic Scribes is.

Argentum

Troubadour
What am I doing? Let's see. I leave Korea in May, so I'm trying to finish all my projects at work. At the moment I'm editing and typing out a student's story for him to fix later. SO glad it's a slow day. Really helps.

Argentum

Troubadour
Okay.... I think I just taught myself something about grammar I never could understand before. I was trying to create a language for my book and trying to figure out why the heck I would need two different words for "I/me" "we/us" etc and trying to make up a reason why it would need to be so. I think I just figured out Subject and Object. I swear, of all the grammatical things I couldn't understand (everything), this was probably the most difficult. I figured it out along the lines of "I = important, center of attention" and "Me = not important, just there." Totally by accident, and this is totally silly, but boy am I ecstatic!