• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

To blog or not to blog

Aldarion

Archmage
I slow blog once a month, and slowly people come to my website. How often do you blog?

I try to blog three times a month. But I think that consistency is more important than frequency: one post a month is better than ten posts and then nothing for half a year (a bit of an extreme example, but I think you get the gist). Work out the schedule, and stick to it.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I haven't had luck it with but then again blogging just isn't in my nature. Not sure how it's supposed to help me sell books...? I took a course on blogging several months back and while I found it useful, blogging still seems like a waste of my precious time. I do, however, have a new blog that I started back with the class and I thought about writing articles relevant to the stories I write (history based). That would be mostly out of fun. When it comes to blogging, I've had a love/hate relationship with it. I've had better luck with my newsletters.

LadyErynn

Dreamer
I have a personal website/blog through Wordpress. It's incredibly easy to use, and the only reason I pay for it is for the domain and to post the occasional video. If you don't need either of those, the free version works just fine.

Having a blog encourages me to write when I'm unmotivated. I try to post something every Sunday, so I know I have to prepare something throughout the week. I also try to vary it up, so switching between poetry, flash fiction, and informative articles add more challenges and help stretch my writing muscles.

Plus, Blogging is a great way to gain readers for later publications. I highly recommend it!

I've started my own website and blog as well. I'm not going to drive myself to write a blog every week, but I'll try for every month. Don't know yet if I have enough subjects to talk about to keep people interested.

Ned Marcus

Maester
Don't know yet if I have enough subjects to talk about to keep people interested.

I think this is hard. I'm not sure I have enough subjects to keep myself interested. I have productive months of blogging, and then I find it falling by the wayside for several months before I have another surge of interest.