• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Idea for fun game/challenge

Futhark

Inkling
Hi all. So I have an idea based on Ban's 5 Word Challenge that I'd like to try, simply cause it was so much fun. Basically its a round robin story, where each entrant must follow on from the previous posts, with an eye to the overall continuity. The rules are simple.

You can only use 5 words or less.
You cannot follow your own post, but you can post as much or little as you like.
It will be extra cool if you use a word from the previous post.

So its not really a challenge, more just a fun game to pass the time.
I guess if anyone is interested we can start here.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Might also be good to copy previous posts into yours to make the whole thing easier to read. Here come the first five words:

At the summit of Mount....

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
At the summit of Mount Kolchis, ancient crystal skeletons of long-dormant gods cease their slumber...

At the summit of Mount Kolchis, ancient crystal skeletons of long-dormant gods cease their slumber as the infernal demons of dairy strike at hallowed halls...

Futhark

Inkling
At the summit of Mount Kolchis, ancient crystal skeletons of long-dormant gods cease their slumber as the infernal demons of dairy strike at hallowed halls to build their calcium reserves.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
At the summit of Mount Kolchis, ancient crystal skeletons of long-dormant gods cease their slumber as the infernal demons of dairy strike at hallowed halls to build their calcium reserves. Humphrey, crystal god of disapproval...

At the summit of Mount Kolchis, ancient crystal skeletons of long-dormant gods cease their slumber as the infernal demons of dairy strike at hallowed halls to build their calcium reserves. Humphrey, crystal god of disapproval, drains his glass and hovers...

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
At the summit of Mount Kolchis, ancient crystal skeletons of long-dormant gods cease their slumber as the infernal demons of dairy strike at hallowed halls to build their calcium reserves. Humphrey, crystal god of disapproval, drains his glass and hovers over the mountain snow towards...

At the summit of Mount Kolchis, ancient crystal skeletons of long-dormant gods cease their slumber as the infernal demons of dairy strike at hallowed halls to build their calcium reserves. Humphrey, crystal god of disapproval, drains his glass and hovers over the mountain snow towards the laughing god of mockery, ...

At the summit of Mount Kolchis, ancient crystal skeletons of long-dormant gods cease their slumber as the infernal demons of dairy strike at hallowed halls to build their calcium reserves. Humphrey, crystal god of disapproval, drains his glass and hovers over the mountain snow towards the laughing god of mockery.

"What," Humphrey gestured, "is that?"

At the summit of Mount Kolchis, ancient crystal skeletons of long-dormant gods cease their slumber as the infernal demons of dairy strike at hallowed halls to build their calcium reserves. Humphrey, crystal god of disapproval, drains his glass and hovers over the mountain snow towards the laughing god of mockery.

"What," Humphrey gestured, "is that?" The god of mockery, Izgili, ...

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team

"What," Humphrey gestured, "is that?" The god of mockery, Izgili, nodded and unsheated his gargantuan...

(Now try to not make this too dirty ;) )

Futhark

Inkling

"What," Humphrey gestured, "is that?" The god of mockery, Izgili, nodded and unsheathed his gargantuan spoon.

“That, my friend, is...

"What," Humphrey gestured, "is that?" The god of mockery, Izgili, nodded and unsheathed his gargantuan spoon.

“That, my friend, is a triple decker burger bus..

Futhark

Inkling

“That, my friend, is a triple decker burger bus packed with weapons of mass...

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team

“That, my friend, is a triple decker burger bus packed with weapons of mass cheese production."

Humphrey disapproved strongly...

“That, my friend, is a triple decker burger bus packed with weapons of mass cheese production."

Humphrey disapproved strongly, "Utterly ridiculous! The vegan cults. . .

blondie.k

Minstrel

Humphrey disapproved strongly, "Utterly ridiculous! The vegan cults. . ."

"Enough! We will continue on...