• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This Blog is Terribad

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
read the new tale; seems more 'vignette' than story. But the bit about recoil is accurate enough.

still find myself assailed with visions of a tale or three set in your world, but the long slow rewrite of the WIP takes priority.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
read the new tale; seems more 'vignette' than story. But the bit about recoil is accurate enough.

still find myself assailed with visions of a tale or three set in your world, but the long slow rewrite of the WIP takes priority.
Thank you so much! It always feels good to know you got the details right. We have a lot to learn about guns, but we're trying to keep it as authentic as possible.

And any time you want to play in Seahaven, it's a big sandbox. There's room for everybody! :D

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I'm making slow plodding progress on the rewrite of my WIP. After that, 'Chameleon' or ''Mirage' might end up being the April NaNo project. As a continuation of 'Nightfall in Seahaven' it gets into the collision of the magical and mundane worlds, with revelations aplenty. Might be a bit over the top with Elspeth.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I'm making slow plodding progress on the rewrite of my WIP. After that, 'Chameleon' or ''Mirage' might end up being the April NaNo project. As a continuation of 'Nightfall in Seahaven' it gets into the collision of the magical and mundane worlds, with revelations aplenty. Might be a bit over the top with Elspeth.
Everything with Elspeth is a little over the top. I love it!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I do have to wonder which Rabbit 'Assistant' oversee's the ones dispatched to the 'Bear's Den.'
I've been thinking about this some more, and as I'm writing I realize that if anyone's going to oversee a bunch of humans in the know, it's going to be Raphael Bellini, Seahaven's local Servant of the Eldest. There aren't many more senior than he is, beyond the five Eldest themselves. He's the one who makes the final decision on whether to take a human into the fold, to be eventually turned preternatural, or to put them down as a danger to the community, even children.

Seahaven has a lot of humans in the know.

Raphael is mentioned in Faerie Rising, and he shows up again in Ties of Blood and Bone to warn Alerich to keep a lid on things. He is elegant, educated, teaches at the University of Washington, Seahaven, a little elitist (he's a de Medici), but has a compassionate heart.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I've been thinking about this some more, and as I'm writing I realize that if anyone's going to oversee a bunch of humans in the know, it's going to be Raphael Bellini, Seahaven's local Servant of the Eldest. There aren't many more senior than he is, beyond the five Eldest themselves. He's the one who makes the final decision on whether to take a human into the fold, to be eventually turned preternatural, or to put them down as a danger to the community, even children.

Seahaven has a lot of humans in the know.

Raphael is mentioned in Faerie Rising, and he shows up again in Ties of Blood and Bone to warn Alerich to keep a lid on things. He is elegant, educated, teaches at the University of Washington, Seahaven, a little elitist (he's a de Medici), but has a compassionate heart.
I'll keep Raphael in mind...though with the direction 'Chameleon' is going, he might be forced to work with (some) humans who do know what he is without being part of the community...