• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Portfolio Question

I did a quick search and couldn't find the answer I was seeking.

For the portfolio can we post work that we have posted elsewhere - and if it's been printed (and we own the rights) can we post that in the portfolio?

Thank you.

EDITED to add: I found an answer to my question.

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Yes. No one will stop you from posting. It would not be viewable to the public since i think a minimum number of posts would be required to see it.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Yes. No one will stop you from posting. It would not be viewable to the public since i think a minimum number of posts would be required to see it.

That depends on your settings when you post. Some portfolio entries are viewable to the public, which can be an issue with publishers that will want "first publishing" and "exclusivity" rights. So be sure to check your settings carefully to make sure your posts are viewable only to members if there could potentially be a rights issue.

Thank you both for answering. These re previously published works that I own full rights to - so I'm ok with how they'd be viewed by publishers. I just didn't want to upset the apple cart by posting the wrong thing. :D I appreciate your time :)

It seems I missed the section about duplicate content - so I have rectified that.

(edited: sometimes i miss things through carelessness, but sometimes it's also linked to CPTSD. I'm sorry).