• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi

Hi!

Hm, feels like more is needed.

Recently picked up my (virtual) pen again after having very little time (or inspiration) due to becoming father to two kids (fortunately with 2 years between them). At the moment my writing time goes to short to medium length stories, mainly fantasy and some horror, though I do have some action-adventure kind of ideas bouncing around in my head.

I stumbled into Mythic Scribes somehow and decided to stick around for a while.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Prince of Spires
Good to have you here.
Welcome back to writing!
Mythic Scribes is insidious in how it lures its prey, I mean new writers, in to its clutches.
Leap in and enjoy!

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
Has becoming a father influenced or inspired your own storytelling, and/or your return to it, at all?
That's a very good question. The answer is of course yes, since I think that all your writing is inspired and driven by all your experiences. And the bigger the experience the bigger the influence. But I'm not sure how ;)

An easily identifiable thing for me is that time (especially personal time) has become more precious, since there is a lot less of it. This has had the result that I tend to procrastinate a bit less and have a better writing schedule. Which is a win for me :) Another thing I noticed is that I have more patience to finish stories I started (I have a lot of unfinished ones...).

Thanks. It does indeed get easier. They're 2 and 4 now. And they're getting easier to put to bed and usually sleep the whole evening. Both of which help with getting some writing time in at night.