• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2019 Word Counts

1.217 today.

This takes me to 10.035 words, which is a nice milestone to reach. Of course, I'm still almost 2.000 words behind my personal 30k goal or close to 10k behind the NaNo count. But it's still 10k words more then at the start of the month. And I'm confident I can at least catch up to where I need to be for the lower goal in the next couple of days.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I'm still under 10k words...more like under 6k. There's no way I'm going to catch up and win NaNo this year but at least I've committed to making it all the way to the end. The problem for me is that I work long hours. Come home and have to take care of my family. Days off I spend catching up with my chores and other things I need to take care of in life. I planned on November being my focus and it's worked to some extent but I'm doing poorly word count wise.

So...I'll be attending the write-ins at the library and continuing to write. I struggled with my story at first and had to shift gears to start writing a new one. This one is going much, much better and I will finish it. My word counts are minimal--1k here, 200 there, etc. But at least I'm sitting down to write on most days.

But at least I'm sitting down to write on most days.
This is the key. The actual word count is irrelevant. It's nice to aim for something, but it's also important to be realistic.

I had two good days yesterday and the day before. Yesterday I got 1.046 (which is over my personal target of 1.000 a day at least). And on Wednesday I managed 2.432! This puts me 13.513 total word count. Which is still 500 short of where I need to be to reach 30k. But it's still a good total for me. The 50k Nano goal is way out of reach (by 9.5k). So unless I can manage multiple days over 2k I'll not make that.

Danskin

Scribe
How's it going folks?! I managed 2800 so far today, mostly on the train to and from a work trip.

It was a slower day yesterday (1k) as I had a tone of work editing to do, but I've otherwise averaged 2-3k per day so far.

More importantly, I think the story is coming together. A lot of editing still to be done, but I'm feeling excited to finish it (rather than feeling lost and directionless, as sometimes happens around this stage of a novel!)

Tom

Istar
I hate to say it, but I think NaNo is a bust for me this year. I've been too busy with school stuff to really give my project the attention it deserves. I'll keep chipping away at it this month whenever I find the time, but I know there's no way I'm getting to 50K by the 30th.

I had a good writing weekend. I managed 1.157, 1.410 and 1.446 words.
It feels like I'm picking up a bit of speed and I manage around 700 words in an hour or so. Which means getting 1.000 words down isn't too much effort. At the moment I'm at 17.526 words total. Which is way behind the NaNo goals, but also 526 words ahead of my own personal goal.

Kishou

Lol, this time of year always gets me stressed. I'm up to about 6,500 total. I just need a good day to sit down and do nothing but writing since i get easily distracted.

Total word count is now at 25.679 after a week of 1k+ days.

The sweet spot for me seems to be about 1.100 - 1.200 words per day. This takes me about 2 hours with some procrastination halfway (I'm fairly consistent in that for some reason, after 45 minutes or so I need a small break...). And between putting kids to bed, talking to my wife and a little bit of entertainment this is all I have time for in a day.

Next NaNo I perhaps can win by skipping the entertainment part. But by the time I hit this pace I was already almost 10k words behind where I needed to be. Which would have meant another 500 or so words extra per day. Also, I find it keeps me sane, not writing every waking moment... ;)

Whohoo! I made it. Not the real NaNo goal, I'm still far short of that. But I just passed 30k words, which was my personal goal for the month. 30.480 to be exact after 3 days of good writing. Of course, the story itself isn't anywhere near finished (and it's not "novel length" yet of course ;) ). But it's a milestone and I'm happy to have reached it.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I backed out like a week ago, haven't gotten past the 10k mark.

Lol. This is officially the worst I have done in NaNo--ever. We've had some changes at work + it's been busy with the holidays so I've been working a lot. Not the norm for me in past years so this time I've had to throw in the towel.

I'm still writing though. I sit to write every morning at 5:30am to add even a few hundred words. Eventually, I'll finish this book. Realistically though, I can no longer produce what I used to in the past. -_-