• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hell!

...I meant to type "Hello!" in the title but I had a typo and I thought it was funny so I left it. Plus it'll probably make this thread stand out among the other generic thread titles.

I'm Sami, I'm 16 and an American, I'm a female but I honestly don't care how you address me when it comes to gender.

I'm an artist, animation fan, and just to get it out of the way, I am a furry. I struggle to focus on stories focusing on ordinary humans due to my ADHD, so as a result I'm really into fantasy, sci-fi, and stories about animals. Animal stories seem to work the best at hooking me in, so most of my interests are connected to that.

I've been drawing consistently since somewhere around ages 10 to 12, and during my time as an artist I've designed multiple recurring characters that I draw often and have stories in my head for. Most of their stories are interconnected. I decided 2 or 3 years ago that I was going to tell this story somehow. It's gone through a lot of rewrites and scrappings, and it's still very much a work in progress.

The current title of the story is Doppelgangfur, and the most simple plot description I can give is that it's about a young anthro wolf who is given a magic mirror that lets him traverse universes.

The worldbuilding project that goes along with the story is called Furdeverse, it's an urban fantasy world with several sapient races. (Including humans, if someone wants to write a story set in the world but doesn't really have an interest in animalistic races)

I'm honestly not sure what format I want to put the story into, but it'll likely be either a comic or an online animated series.

I mainly joined this forum because miraculously, it's not blocked at my high school, so I can be more active than I am on some websites. Hopefully this website helps me develop my writing and worldbuilding skills!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met ChibiMango-Flooferz [aka Sami]
Good to have you here.
Not blocked at high-school? They'll have to fix that!!! :sneaky:
This is a remarkably polite and friendly place, so maybe that is why...
It is a great place to learn and share [and waste time while you should be learning ;)]
So leap on in and enjoy...

Well Hell-o Sami! I hope your stories and world building will be helped by what you find as you sift through the forums here. May it be a long and wonderful journey. :) Enjoy!